Hull Services is a charitable, multi-service organization that offers a range of evidence-based and evidence-informed programs to support children, youth and families to overcome challenges and build resilience. Hull's programs and services include prevention, early intervention, in-home support, kinship and foster care, group care, school day treatment, therapeutic campus based care, secure and stabilization programs, supported interdependent living and education and training services. Located in Calgary, we have been serving Alberta's young people and families for over 50 years, and support over 4000 individuals annually.
Our vision: ?Resilient young people and families thriving within communities that support their mental health and well-being.?
Our mission: ?Hull partners with young people and families, building resilience today for a brighter tomorrow.?
Hull Services is seeking a capable and committed individual to serve as a Donor Relations and Communications Coordinator for our Development and Communications team. The successful candidate will be responsible for donor stewardship, implementing our annual stewardship and engagement communications cycle, donor impact reporting, and developing, coordinating and implementing online and mail fundraising appeals. The Donor Relations and Communications Coordinator will play an important role in supporting significant growth and organizational change at Hull Services.
This full-time position reports to the Director, Development and Communications and will also work under the guidance of the Communications Manager. This position works closely and collaboratively with the Development team and all programs at Hull Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, improve and measure the outcomes of our annual supporter communications, working closely with the Communications Manager to integrate messaging into broader organizational communications.
- Work with program staff across the organization to roll out Annual Donor Impact Report.
- Write feature donor articles for Hull Services' publications both in print and electronic formats.
- Manage media relations related to donor activities.
- Write thank you letters and welcome emails for donors; write and manage Holiday E-Cards to donors and stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the following communication tools:
- Development pages on website, including all on-line donation forms
- Online content on a variety of websites
- Fund development related digital communications including online and social media postings
- Annual editorial calendar in conjunction with Communications Manage
- Manage Annual Direct Response appeals including:
- Online appeals as determined by editorial calendars
- Direct response appeals mailed and emailed twice a year
- Monthly donor program appeals
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 1 to 3 years of related communications and donor relations experience is required.
- Proficiency with graphic design software including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Prior experience using a donor CRM is desirable.
- Ability to manage direction and input from two supervisors and various stakeholders.
- Strong writing and presentation skills required; prior experience with public speaking.
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well in teams.
- A flexible, proactive self-starter who is comfortable operating in a complex environment.
How to Apply:
- If interested, please direct your cover letter and resume via Isarta
- Please indicate ?
- DR & C Coordinator
The deadline for application is Friday, September 18, 2020.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that a diversity of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and better services for our young people and families.