Requisition ID: 28217
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Telephone & Inquiry
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days; Evenings; Nights; Weekends
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $17.967, $18.506, $19.061, $19.632, $20.222, $20.828
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We're united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Registration, and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the COMMUNICATIONS CLERK is responsible for: performing duties on a rotating basis at the Telephone Inquiry Desk and the Back Office to include: answering and transferring all incoming calls; directing inquiries; using the Public Address and External Paging Systems to contact physicians and Administrative Personnel; making emergency announcements; maintaining directories and records of phone lists, etc.; and performing other related duties as assigned.
- Six (6) months related* experience OR six (6) months customer service experience where the primary function was acting as a direct point of contact for customers via telephone and in person.
- NOTE: Experience as a Ward Clerk, Unit Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary I, Secretary II or Dispatcher is deemed to meet the definition of "related" experience.
- Grade XII or recognized equivalent
Qualifications and Skills
- Fluently bilingual in both English and French**
- Ability to work in a Windows operating environment.
- Keyboarding skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Ability to retain information which is of a confidential nature.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt readily to stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
**The candidate must be able to understand and speak French at a proficiency level that allows them to sustain varied in-depth conversations with patients and families. Language proficiency will be evaluated in order to assess the applicant's proficiency level. For more information on the required proficiency level, please conatct the Human Resources Department.
Le candidat doit pouvoir comprendre et parler le français afin de soutenir une variété de conversations avec les patients et les familles. Une évaluation de la maîtrise de la langue sera effectuée dans le but de vérifier le niveau de compétence du candidat. Pour de plus amples renseignements au sujet du niveau linguistique, veuillez communiquer avec le service des Ressources humaines.
A RESUME IS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.