Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
As a Senior Specialist
- Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (D365 CE), you will be a solution sales leader within the enterprise sales organization working with Microsoft's most important customers. You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources focused on helping customers digitize their customer facing business processes and improve their customer engagement, leading to significantly better business outcomes.
You will advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets by helping customers identify business challenges/opportunities and addressing those with differentiated solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the broader Microsoft cloud platform, removing deployment roadblocks and driving customer value and satisfaction.
To learn more about Microsoft's mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture . Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us .
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
The Senior Specialist
- D365 CE is an accomplished solution sales leader with a proven track record of driving complex digital transformation using CRM solutions in large enterprise accounts that have the highest potential and strategic value. She/he uses their leadership status in industry, professional groups, LinkedIn networks to influence key stakeholders and lead virtual teams to drive transformation.
The Senior Specialist
- D365 CE leverages advanced business transformation skills honed at e.g. management consultancies or leading cloud CRM vendors combined with their extensive network of C-level customer and industry relationships to consistently exceed quota with multimillion-dollar wins.
- Develop and maintain account plans for all accounts in your designated territory which includes white space analysis, current technology footprint/landscape, customer pains, competitive landscape, industry trends, incumbent partners etc.
- Develop deep trusted relationships with senior business and IT leaders by understanding customer business pains, strategic growth objectives, industry trends and by providing outcome-based solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and document comprehensive business plans resulting from joint customer planning and discovery workshops which address customer strategic priorities for digital transformation.
- Discover, assess, evaluate, and challenge strategic customer objectives by translating them into digital transformation opportunities that leverage Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CRM) and the broader Microsoft cloud.
- Develop and drive opportunity execution plans with a team of Microsoft and partner industry experts and pre-sales specialists, ensuring a highly collaborative and orchestrated partner co-selling motion.
- Justify key change scenarios and associated investments through compelling outcomes, create proposals reflecting tangible business value, negotiate terms and contracts with successful close.
- Be a disciplined operator by building and driving a rolling pipeline, keeping it current and accurate. Leverage marketing, inside sales, partners and relationships to build pipeline, and leverage promotions, events etc. to close opportunities.
- Achieve/exceed revenue quota and customer win targets.
Requirements (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required):
10+ years of experience:
- Successfully selling CRM or similar business applications and consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Selling software-as-a-service cloud-based business applications to large enterprise customers.
- Digital transformation management consulting experience, ideally with leading international firms.
- Developing demand and negotiating terms and contracts for multimillion-dollar digital transformation initiatives
- Driving/leading sales processes across account planning, opportunity planning, deal negotiation, customer decision frameworks, evaluation plans and engaging in sophisticated business case discussions.
- Assessing strategic customer objectives, digital transformation opportunity discovery, key improvement scenarios, and an ability to measure and present incremental and new economic value
- Leading and orchestrating virtual teams comprising industry, engineering, presales, licensing and legal team members
- Disciplined operator with demonstrated accuracy in forecasting business and maintaining pipeline hygiene
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions, specifically CRM applications including Marketing Automation, Salesforce Automation, Relationship Sales, Customer Service, Field Service etc. and how they translate into business impact.
- Customer facing business processes in one or more industries like Financial Services, Manufacturing, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail & Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Public Sector and Media & Communications.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally including Microsoft's cloud platform as well as competitors and related ecosystems.
- Business value selling methodologies, practices and technologies that drive sales prospecting and sales management in complex solution selling environments (e.g. Design Thinking, Business Value Engineering, Challenger sales etc.).
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value and success.
- Demonstrated success in complex multimillion-dollar pursuits, multi-year engagements
- Business management consulting skills, including ability to articulate concise return on investment value statement
- Excels at developing strong relationships and leadership connections to understand customer needs.
- Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from competition by reframing value from Microsoft solutions.
- Ability to sell to C-Level and across business and IT, strong negotiation skills.
- Very strong presentation, white boarding and communication skills.
- Organizational agility, able to coordinate stakeholders like Marketing, Engineering, Licensing, Legal, Executives etc.
- Problem solver and ability to work in fast-changing environment and manage ambiguity
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.