The Communications Intern is responsible for helping the Marketing Team tell the Nature's Path story through event activities, public relations, advertising, and social media. General duties include administering targeted donation and gifting programs, event planning, coordinating, execution and brand ambassadorship as well as supporting public relations, social media efforts and general administrative support.
Critical Outcomes from the Job
1. Assist in building the Nature's Path brand by:
- Coordinating Nature's Path targeted donation and gifting programs.
- Coordinating event materials and logistics from ordering product samples, communicating event briefs, to administering graphics and shipping requests.
- Vetting donation requests and events according to Marketing and Communications Team's objectives and goals.
- Acting as a Nature's Path brand ambassador at event and public relation functions as needed.
- Assuming a leading role on at least one event project from start to finish, including the delivery of a recap presentation.
- Supporting the Marketing Events Manager with consumer and trade events, public relations and social media.
- Reviewing and editing marketing materials as necessary, including drafting briefing decks, backgrounders, fact sheets, pitch letters, biographies, and web content.
- Drafting and issuing public responses to online product inquiries.
2. Support Nature's Path's internal marketing and communications department by:
- Participating and adding creative input to department brainstorms.
- Completing other duties as assigned by the Communications Director.
The description above represents the most significant essential duties of the job but does not exclude others.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recently graduated with a degree in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or a related field
- 0-2 years of experience in an office environment or related field
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft PC software program
- Food Safe certification an asset
- Good organization, time management, and follow-up skills.
- Personable and friendly disposition.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise excellent judgment.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work weekends in exchange for days in lieu.
- Physical ability to perform the job.
This is a temporary (6 month) full-time position.