As a key member of the Marketing and Communications Team, the Manager, Marketing and Communications, will lead the development and implementation of the CAC’s communications and media relations strategy.The Manager, Marketing and Communications will work collaboratively with the CAC staff, partners, and stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), campaigns, highlight quality coach education opportunities, and increase awareness of the value of coaches in Canada. They will manage internal and external marketing and communication activities that contribute to the overall goals and initiatives of the Association and its partners. In light of ongoing uncertainties and movement restrictions that remain in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please note this will be a remote working position until further notice.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of communications strategies and plans aligned with the CAC’s strategic plan;
- Assist in developing and managing an awareness and public relations strategy to encourage growth in existing and new markets;
- Proactively identify and fulfill communication needs as they relate to internal and external audiences, CAC programs, and partner relations;
- Lead website content development of coach.ca and updates of the CAC’s bilingual website ensuring the CAC brand is accurately presented in all facets of the site;
- Serve as a communications resource to NCCP Partners in assisting the development and implementation of their communications plans as they relate to coaching and coach education;
- Work with NCCP partners to enhance brand recognition and value of trained, certified, and Chartered Professional Coaches;
- Manage all communications on CAC’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Act as initial media relations contact for the CAC in responding to media and public inquiries as needed, liaising with CAC staff and partners;
- Assist in identifying emerging issues within the sport community and help the CAC prepare appropriate messaging and public relations plans when required;
- Proactively seek media coverage to promote coaching and build the CAC’s profile to the Canadian sport community, with stakeholders, and the public.
- Ensure planning, implementation, and evaluation of marketing strategies and plans are aligned with the tactics in the CAC’s strategic plan;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications and marketing campaigns which enhance delivery of the NCCP to coaches, including creative brief development, social media and digital marketing strategies, budget management, result monitoring and reporting;
- Contribute to effective planning and management of cross-departmental projects in alignment with organizational operational plan.
- Contribute to the annual planning for the Marketing and Communications department;
- Supervise the Communications Coordinator in their role;
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews and meet regularly with direct reports.
- An equivalent combination of the following education and experience will be considered:
- University/College education in communications, public relations, journalism, sport management/administration, marketing or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise;
- Minimum five years relevant experience in communications and/or leadership role;
- Strong competency in social media strategy, digital content development, and media monitoring;
- Website content management systems experience essential, web/graphic design skills are an asset;
- Bilingualism (English, French) with excellent spoken and written skills in both languages;
- Possess strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout, and design skills;
- Ability to think innovatively, strategically, and critically, with proven problem-solving skills, excellent judgment, and is comfortable working in a changing environment;
- Possess strong project management acumen with the ability to take ownership of project timelines and development plans to achieve project goals and responsibilities;
- Must be a strong team player, willing to be an engaged contributor to the CAC team with a positive and professional approach to management;
- Demonstrated passion for sport or physical activity considered an asset.
The CAC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Please send your resume and cover letter by Sunday, September 20, 2020. All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.