Temporary Full Time
As soon as possible until approximately October 2021
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Vancouver Coastal Health has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Leader to join the Corporate Communications team in Vancouver, BC. In this position you will be accountable for developing, coordinating and delivering strategic communication campaigns, projects and change initiatives on behalf of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Employee Engagement.
Your responsibilities in this role may include:
- Provide leadership and consultation in all aspects of communications to Employee Engagement leadership to advance organizational strategic priorities while strengthening the department's and organization's reputation with both internal and external stakeholders within the vision and strategy of VCH.
- Develop and support implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy and provide expertise and support in writing, editing and producing consistent and quality communications content.
- Work with staff and leaders across the department in the development and strengthening of core communications competencies and works with other members of the VCH Corporate Communications team to ensure consistency in communications strategies, messaging and publications.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism supplemented with industry-recognized accreditation plus a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years' recent related experience including development, implementation and evaluation of operational and strategic communications or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Advanced ability to use desktop publishing, graphics, presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, database and web-based software.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of human resources practices and project and change management experience is a significant asset.
- Uses an understanding of the many diverse audiences and unique challenges faced by the department and health authority to communicate across diverse sites and audiences.
- Applies facilitation and consensus building skills to develop communication strategies and messaging involving a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and maximize communications and marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrates creativity, resourcefulness, and an excellent customer service-orientation.
- Uses strong journalistic business writing and editing skills to compose effective communications for a variety of target audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Uses well-developed research abilities to write articles, profiles and verify information.
- Uses exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills to gather and present information and work effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Uses advanced computer skills in a variety of software applications and web-based technologies including content management, to develop attractive communications materials.
- Employs the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with skill, tact and diplomacy.
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately October 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.