WHO ARE WE?
IC Group is Winnipeg's world-leading provider of digital rewards solutions. Experts at flawlessly delivering loyalty programs, digital promotions, and Twitter bots, we work with some of the biggest brands & agencies on the planet
- Twitter, American Express, Apple, Microsoft, Coca-Cola, Sony, Disney, Fox, Wendy's, McDonald's, and Xbox, to name a few.
WHERE ARE WE GOING?
We are in the growth phase of our development and looking for highly motivated people to help drive the company forward over the coming years, as we strive to become the dominant player in digital rewards solutions.
We deliver for top brands but are a compact & agile business. That means working for IC Group is a challenge that will push your creative capabilities. There's never a dull day and you'll be full of work, but you will be directly contributing to complex, varied campaigns for some of the largest global brands - a sense of satisfaction you would be hard-pressed to discover anywhere else in Winnipeg!
We believe in simplicity and structured creativity. You won't find regular office hours here, as we encourage a sensible, flexible work schedule that ties in with our clients' needs, and smart casual work wear is standard. With the likes of snack drawers & regular social events, we have a tight-knit, family feel at IC Group where connections really matter
- vital for a compact company that achieves big things.
We are seeking an individual to fill the position of Business Analyst to join our team supporting our insurance platform!
Are you a highly driven individual that loves delivering on time? Do you have at least 3 years' worth of experience delivering results in a fast-paced environment?
The role of the Business Analyst will be to help us solve problems using technology-based solutions. You will define, assess, develop, and support business requirements and determine the impact on the applications and platforms for our insurance platform. Experience delivering in an Insurance environment would be a great asset.
- Sales Support
- Support Business Development team to educate and review materials for our customers.
- Business Analysis
- Manage features and roadmaps corresponding to product capabilities and solutions.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Maintain awareness of web technology standards and trends and make recommendations around new implementations.
- Facilitate meetings with user groups and stakeholders to gather, understand, and document product/service software requirements.
- Delivery Support
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guides, etc.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems solutions and processes.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolve hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Focus on defining and managing both functional and non-functional requirements across multiple projects at a given time for both internal and external stakeholders. Typical deliverables include but are not limited to developing the necessary project artifacts such as logical models, user flows, information architecture, requirement definitions and other documentation as deemed necessary to properly represent the solution.
- Liaise with other development teams (internally and externally) to understand requirements and issues, help in trouble shooting and diagnosing issues when required.
- Support the quality assurance cycle by assisting the testing team, and work with business owners to develop test case scenarios for functional enhancements.
- Operational Support
- Assist Project Management, Development, and Quality Assurance teams in troubleshooting software application issues.
- Assisting Project Management in evolutions of processes required to support projects.
- Performing data analysis on live programs to illustrate program adherence to goals and to isolate areas of improvements.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Success in managing and prioritizing multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Proven strong analytical with creative problem-solving skills
- Tech savviness with strong working knowledge of MS Office
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and complete tasks quickly in a high energy environment
- Post-secondary degree in in Commerce, MIS or, Communications.
- 5 years' experience in a web-based software development environment, preferably working with insurance products.
- Sound background with RDBMS technologies and modeling techniques
- Proven work in an agile environment including usage of tools such as JIRA and TFS
- The ability to effectively manage change, responding to client needs as they evolve while maintaining budget and timeline
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully and professionally at all times
- Knowledge and understanding of all social media platforms, their respective participants and how they are best utilized to achieve specific outcomes preferred
Please send your cover letter and resume.