BRANCH: Strategic Communications
SALARY RANGE: Start rate: $27.16/hr. 3 month rate: $28.98/hr. 6 month rate: $30.18/hr.
This full-time, unionized reports to the Supervisor of Strategic Communications and is responsible for providing
support in the areas of email marketing, communications, as well as general marketing support and
administrative support. The main duties include running email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing
email databases and creating newsletters. This position is also responsible for assisting and providing support
in implementing the Strategic Plan.
- Managing the company's email campaigns and communicating the Zoo's brand through email marketing.
- Identify target audience and develop and grow email database.
- Design and implement direct email marketing campaigns including Copy, writing, editing and proofing as
- needed for digital Marketing and proof read emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
- Ensure mobile-friendly email templates.
- Upgrade our email templates using graphics, personalization and advanced features.
- Manage and build email databases to expand Zoo communication networks.
- Ensure prompt and accurate communication with databases via email to minimize unsubscribes.
- Analyze, track and report campaign performance and suggest improvements.
- Implement tactical online marketing initiatives including tracking, on site optimizations, keyword analysis,
- content creation, site auditing and competitive analysis.
- A/B Testing and MVT Testing to analyze campaigns to ensure our messages are reaching the right audience(s)
- at the right time with the right message(s) to drive engagement, retention and monetization.
- Support of digital asset management.
- Ensure all emails are compliant with applicable laws and adhere to general e-mail marketing best practices.
- Working closely with Supervisor and Manager to develop a clear CRM strategy.
- Assists in the coordination and implementation of the Zoo's year-round strategic communications marketing
- plan to achieve established attendance and revenue targets.
- Assists with sponsor benefit fulfillment.
- Actively participate in cross-functional brainstorming.
- Ensures that the Supervisor/Manager is aware of all work assignments and projects taking place within the
- Branch and keeps him/her informed of any problems that may occur, as well as the status of the assignments/projects.
- Support media relations and filming requests as required.
- Supports guest experience needs onsite as required.
- Other related duties as requested by the Manager and Supervisor
- Must possess a university degree or college diploma in Marketing/Advertising or Communications or the equivalent of experience and training.
- Must possess a minimum three (3) years proven work experience in email marketing.
- Must possess hands on experience with HTML and content management systems.
- Sound knowledge of SEO/SEM and Google Analytics.
- Familiarity with analytical and database tools.
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of of computerized programs and systems, including MS Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Strong project management skills.
- An ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suites is required.
- Experience with photography and videography in a professional context considered an asset.
- Must have proven, exceptional interpersonal skills and strong organizational skills.
- A proven ability to handle multiple priorities and work independently in a demanding environment.
- Possess an unrestricted Class G driver's licence valid in the Province of Ontario along with a good driving record an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of Workplace Hazardous Information System (WHMIS) legislation, the Ontario
- Occupational Health and Safety Act and Toronto Zoo Safety Policy.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Must be able and willing to work on/off site as well as shifts, weekends and holidays.
CANDIDATES MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE A WRITTEN AND/OR PRACTICAL EXAMINATION
RELEVANT TO THE POSITION.
- If interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than 2020-09-28 to
- Please state "Application for E-Marketing" in the subject line of your application.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto Zoo provides accommodation for employees with disabilities, as defined under the Ontario Human
Rights Code. If contacted for an interview, and you require specific accommodation for the interview process
because of a disability or a medical need, then please advise the person contacting you of your requirements,
so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place before you begin the
The Toronto Zoo respects the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion and seeks to model these principles
in all that we do. We are committed to fostering an inclusive workforce where all employees feel respected,
supported and valued. We strive to create an environment that represents the rich diversity of our guests and
our community and encourage applications from all qualified individuals who can contribute to enhancing our
commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. Applications are especially encouraged from racialized
persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ
persons, and women.