If you are an enthusiastic Marketing & Communications Specialist looking to join a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply here!
We believe in technology to feed a changing world. CubicFarms (TSXV: CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
As a Marketing & Communications Specialist at CubicFarms you will be an integral part of the marketing team that is responsible for developing and distributing marketing content and communications through earned and owned media channels. This role will be working closely with stakeholders within the business, to develop strategic communications that speak directly to our audiences and hit our business objectives.
- You're the type of person who can't walk out the door with anything left undone.
- You like all of the boxes ticked off and make schedules and lists when no one cares but you. It's in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You are motivated by thought of working in the new and upcoming Ag-Tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
- Above all you like to have fun while doing all of the above.
CONTENT MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development of marketing communications across various verticals and targets
- Work with stakeholders to discover and showcase unique and impactful stories
- Collaborate and project manage with other teams to get content
- Ensure maximum support and reach of your campaigns and content
- Reporting of marketing and communication campaigns performance
- Promote and execute educational events marketing initiatives
- Handle marketing administrative responsibilities and tasks
CHANNEL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be it an owned or earned media channel, our Marketing & Communications Specialist will be responsible for distributing content as well as nurturing the relationships associated with those channels.
Owned Media Channels of Focus:
- CubicFarms website and blog
- Social media
- LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube
- Email and database marketing
- MailChimp & NetSuite
- Internal marketing channels
- Employee Newsletter
- Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
Earned Media Channels of Focus:
- Mainstream media
- Partner and alliance content
- Public, trade, and government relations
- Analyst, investor, and research relations
The ideal marketing and communications specialist must be data-driven with a strong understanding of how their work contributes to demand generation and our organizational objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Marketing and Communications required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience working in a marketing or similar role required.
- Experience working in either the agriculture, indoor vertical farming, or high-technology industry is preferred.
- Advanced writing ability
- a degree or diploma with experience crafting marketing messaging(copy writing) to produce results.
- Proven experience managing social media platforms and analytics
- Ability to learn new concepts and products quickly and to accurately translate those concepts to your audience.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail (no typos!)
- Best practice creative design modification experience in multi-platform marketing (print, web,social)
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, working with a variety of stakeholders,projects and channels concurrently
- Proven project management skills across a range of communications disciplines
- Social media advocate and marketing automation technology enthusiast
- WordPress/CMS experience preferred
- Active interest or commitment to sustainable farming practices and a healthy lifestyle is a plus!
Interested applicants may apply to the position by submitting their applications on our Careers page on the CubicFarms Website.
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the Ag-Tech space.