The Department of Marketing and Communications in the Haskayne School of Business is currently seeking a Full-time Temporary Marketing Advisor for approximately 15 months.
The Marketing Advisor reports to the Associate Director, Marketing, Haskayne School of Business, and works closely with the marketing communications team, as well as other members of the school's operational units. The Marketing Advisor assists in the development of both long and short term marketing strategies and helps to achieve the school's marketing and communications goals by implementing strategy through creation of compelling communications and marketing advertising deliverables using a variety of media including print, digital, social, interactive and mobile media.
The incumbent is responsible for managing various projects across a broad range of areas and audiences. This position is required to meet multiple, simultaneous deadlines throughout the year. The work-environment is fast-paced and results-oriented in a multi-faceted organization. Working in a highly collaborative department, this individual accurately manages the multiple requests that are filtered through his/her desk daily. The incumbent must be excellent at multi-tasking, organizing and communicating information for different types of projects. This position requires a strong awareness and understanding of all Haskayne units in order to ensure proper communication to targeted audiences, as well as the UCalgary and Haskayne brand standards and guidelines.
The Marketing Advisor must regularly demonstrate leadership and strong stakeholder relations skills, and actively provide best practice marketing recommendations and advice.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- In consultation with stakeholders and Haskayne units, develops and writes quality and timely marketing materials both print and online
- Oversees the production, design and printing of marketing collaterals
- Works in conjunction with the Haskayne Associate Director, Marketing, on the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans
- Maintains all displays and presentation materials
- Liaises and collaborates with the Communications Advisor on related work as necessary
- Relationships are proactively developed and maintained with team members, staff, suppliers and students
Project Management (25%)
- Manages projects effectively and ensures alignment with Haskayne¿s marketing strategic goals
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and proactively identifies areas for improvement as well as potential solutions
- Takes on special projects as assigned
Technical skills (25%)
- Develops high-quality, accurate marketing material with timely, relevant and accurate content
- Communicates effectively and clearly, both orally and in written formats
- Comfortably and effectively works with many different marketing tools and content targeting many different audiences
- Trains new team members on software tools and systems/protocols
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- A related university degree and 3-5 years of experience in marketing and communications, particularly in marketing strategy and implementation
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, execution and project management of marketing projects
- Marketing and communications experience in a large complex organization is a strong asset
- Excellent oral communication skills and ability to handle diverse communications assignments with tact, courtesy and discretion is required
- Must be well organized, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize functions on a daily basis while managing multiple responsibilities effectively
- Experience with the marketing and communications creative process and associated project management challenges is required
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web content management systems (CMS) preferred
- Familiarity with social media, blogs and other online communication tools
- Proven ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and decision making
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with staff at all levels, as well as with external design, communications and printing services is required
- Proven ability to work to deadlines while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Strong attention to detail and proof reading abilities is a must
- Confident and outgoing personality; thrives in a busy, fast-paced professional environment
Application Deadline: September 28, 2020
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for submitting their resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue on through the selection process will be contacted.
This position is part of the AUPE bargaining unit, and falls under the Specialist/Advisor Job Family, Phase II.
To find out more about management and staff opportunities at the University of Calgary and all we have to offer, view our Management and Staff Careers website. For more information about the Haskayne School of Business visit Careers in the Haskayne School of Business
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY
- a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation's most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada's top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. For more information, visit ucalgary.ca.
The University of Calgary recognizes that a diverse staff/faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research experiences of the entire campus and greater community. We are committed to removing barriers that have been historically encountered by some people in our society. We strive to recruit individuals who will further enhance our diversity and will support their professional success while they are here. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.