There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Marketing Financial Analyst based out of our Canadian Headquarters located in Oshawa. In this role you will report to the Manager of Retail Incentives and work closely with the Vehicle Sales and Marketing (VSM) teams, preparing and supporting business cases for presentation to senior leadership. The retail incentives team is responsible for the development of strategic and financial analysis for vehicle go-to-market activities, including incentive analysis, benchmarking vs key competitors, budget and forecasting as well as development of incentive strategy for future vehicles. This analysis is also the Canada financial subject matter expert for VPVIN and Cadillac Pinnacle program.
- Manage incentives budget and forecast by vehicle line.
- Understand financial market dynamics and macro-economic environment, including interest rate and foreign exchange environment and outlook.
- Partner with marketing teams to develop incentives strategy and recommend efficient solutions.
- Keep pace with go-to market and sales performance and industry trends.
- Benchmark proposed go-to market strategies vs offers from key competitors.
- Understand product line profitability (including FX exposure and key profitability drivers) and impact of proposed incentive structure on vehicle profitability.
- Presentation of financial impact of go-to market proposals to senior leadership.
- Prepare monthly incentive accounting and actual/forecast files for submission to VSM Technical Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Maintain strong control environment: Accurate completion and reporting of SOX, HOL's due diligence, ILM and other regulatory requirements
- Work closely with Vehicle Pricing and Product Development teams to develop incentive plans for future vehicles and update incentives business case for future programs at various product development gates.
- Support GM Canada Finance and VSM through variety of ad hoc studies and requests.
- Support Cadillac sales and marketing team in tracking dealer performance to Pinnacle program objectives and help derive quarterly reward payments.
- Work cross-functionally with IT and GBS teams in the US to test, improve, and increase utilization of VPVIN tool.
- Participate in brand building activities with the larger Cadillac team
- Drive efficiencies in processes. Streamline, simplify and concentrate on value added activities
ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Bachelor of Commerce or equivalent, with major/concentration in Finance or business.
- MBA or CPA-CA or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with financial forecasting, modeling, and data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerBI.
- Strong oral, presentation and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with a variety of different groups.
- Strong leadership with the ability to lead a cross-functional team without authority.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.