At Aecon, we're building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Aecon's Corporate Communications & Marketing Team produces compelling digital and print content to inform, engage, and inspire the people of Aecon. With multiple offices and sites across the company, keeping everybody up to date in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment is a huge challenge
- and we thrive on it! We also lead the way when it comes to the Aecon brand, developing marketing collateral
- videos, brochures, signage, ads, tradeshow materials
- for both internal and external clients. And when it's event time, this is the go-to team for conference and event logistics, making it happen for corporate functions of all sizes and scopes, from executive leadership meetings to fun holiday celebrations.
Do you have a passion for dynamic strategic communications? Are you hyper-organized and experienced in meeting multiple deadlines for multiple clients? Then this Communications Coordinator role is for you! We're looking for your communications skills, go-team attitude, and desire to succeed as a valued team member of our team!
Reporting directly to the Communications Specialist, this role contributes to the Corporate Communications & Marketing Team through valued communications input and coordination on a broad range of strategic initiatives, corporate events, and special projects.
- Support the Communications Specialist on a broad range of department initiatives for internal clients
- Support the coordination and distribution of company-wide, internal communications (including executive/leadership)
- Day-to-day upkeep of Aecon's Intranet using the SharePoint platform, including:
- Researching, writing and editing engaging, information, and inspiring Intranet content to build connection and understanding across the Aecon community
- Ensuring accurate and timely content to position the Intranet as a go-to forum
- Working closely with all business units to capture key operational updates from across the company
- Working closely with the Corporate Affairs social media lead to leverage external content internally
- Working closely with the Digital Communications Specialist (TBD) to develop compelling original video content
- Special projects and events planning and coordination
- Monitor and manage multiple email inboxes by filtering incoming inquiries/requests
- Responsible for the inventory of Aecon tradeshow booths/pop up banners, in coordination with strategic business units
- Lead coordination/tracking of internal Client Satisfaction Surveys
- Support the department's administrative deliverables, i.e. invoicing, expenses, supplies, etc.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or related field
- Minimum of one to two years of communications experience, preferably within a digitally-focused role
- Exceptional written/oral communications skills and storytelling lens
- Demonstrated event planning/logistics experience
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to plan and execute multiple priorities with tight deadlines and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to foster positive working relationships
- Ability to work within a team environment and be receptive to direction
- Thorough grasp of the Microsoft Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Knowledge of ADOBE Illustrator/InDesign, Prezi and digital video editing software are considered assets