Get ahead with CREB®
At CREB®, we embrace this line of thinking and encourage our dynamic team of professionals to follow suit. Why? Because we know that every employee can add value, and that people do their greatest work when they have the space to stretch their creative muscles and apply the best of themselves to their work.
It's what makes our culture unique and why you should seriously consider joining our communications team.
Okay, sounds like an awesome place to work, but tell me more about the actual role . . .?
Well, for starters, you get to be part of a stellar, award-winning communications team, working as part of CREB®'s communications department means you'll learn from peers and leaders that talk the talk, and walk the walk when it comes to communications excellence.
Who would I be working with? What would I do day-to-day??
We like to describe our department as a mini-PR firm. As one of three communications advisors on our team, you'd serve as single point of contact for a blend of internal client groups (aka business units). As an experienced communicator, you understand that each new plan is an opportunity to create a strategy that changes attitudes and behaviours, or elicits a strong call to action.
Unlike other outfits that can trap you in monotonous tasks or functions, our team creates and executes on their plans from initial client discovery all the way to the evaluation wrap-up. This means you'll get to do everything from writing articles and content for internal and external channels to leading the creation and development of video projects alongside our in-house videographer (yes, we even have a video studio at CREB®).
Cool beans! What qualifications and skills do I need to meet your requirements??
We like your passion already. Here's a list of the minimum requirements to be competitive:
- A degree or diploma in communications, marketing communications, public relations, journalism or a related discipline;
- Five to seven years of directly related experience in a communications or an integrated marketing communications role, emphasizing strategic planning skills, promotional skills;
- A proven passion and skill for storytelling and the ability to write for variety of audiences in a variety of mediums;
- Web and intranet savvy, familiarity with Content Management Systems (CMS) is considered an asset;
- Exceptional verbal, written, visual and interpersonal communication skills;
- High integrity for quality of work and how it is done, including completeness and accuracy; and,
- Ability to work effectively and with humour in a deadline-driven environment.
These are the core elements of the job, but it's really so much more. We encourage you to help us define your path so you can deliver day-in, day-out as a trusted advisor.
Sounds good... Are there benefits? Can we talk about pay??
As a high-performance organization, we pride ourselves on offering a very competitive not-for-profit salary and benefit package. Don't worry we'll confirm salary expectations with you. This is a full-time/permanent position upon successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
Alright, I'm in. How do I apply??
If you have a real passion for the science and art of public relations, we want to hear from you.
To apply, please go to http://www.creb.com/Join_the_Industry/Work_at_CREB/ and be sure to include:
- A meaningful cover letter (generic cover letters are so passé)
- Include completion # CA091620 in the subject line
- An up-to-date skills-based resume (we want a clear understanding of your value-add)
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in CREB® however only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: CA091620
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $62,462.00-$87,228.00 per year
- Monday to Friday