Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada's largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC's Fraser Valley (Delta).
We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at
Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
You will lead proactive media relations and communications programs for Pure Sunfarms.
You'll be working alongside a talented team of collaborative marketers who excel in our fast paced, ever changing environment. The team leverages industry knowledge and insights in order to apply impactful communications strategies and tactics that support the company's mission and business objectives. Please note that this is an 18-month contract.
- Bring Pure Sunfarms story to life through messaging, narratives, campaigns, programs, and more
- Maintain a strong network of media contacts among both top tier business and trade press
- Represent the company to stakeholders, interested parties and the public
- Manage day-to-day public relations and communications operations
- Create compelling content with a purpose
- Work cross-functionally to develop press releases, talking points, submit award
SUBMISSIONS, AND SPEAKING OPPORTUNITIES
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than
ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look
to support each other.
YOUR BRAND, YOUR STORY
We already know you love working with communication strategies and media relations, but
we want to know more about your strengths. You're good at the following:
- Highly articulate, strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative working style
- Strong writing capabilities for a variety of audiences/channels
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management skills (ability to manage multiple workflows/deadlines simultaneous and effectively)
- Ability to integrate strategic thinking with tactical activities
- Understanding of social media environment for a consumer landscape
- A strong understanding of the Canada's and British Columbia's media landscape
- Diploma, degree or certification in communications or public relations preferred
- 4+ years of experience in a communications role
- Experience in managing public relations activities, including but not limited to media relations, including pitching, relationship building, interview coordination & preparation, media training support, and media list management
- Experience drafting speaking notes, media releases, reports, briefing notes, messaging, Q&As and other corporate communications and consumer-facing materials
- Experience with traditional and social media monitoring and reporting
- Experience with event coordination and execution
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We're proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we've built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Please send your resume