Territory Sales Manager, Alberta
Requisition ID: (20007136)
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta
Job Function: Sales
Job Posting Date: Sep 17, 2020, 3:45:53 PM
Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales Manager
reporting to the Executive Director, Channel. The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales growth of commercial & residential solutions HVACR portfolio through Emerson distributors and contractors. Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions has been a leading provider of heating and cooling solutions for commercial & residential applications, serving HVACR wholesale distribution for more than 75 years. In this role, you will develop long-term, value-add relationships with customers, developing sales, marketing and training plans to help your customers grow their business. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to join Emerson, where you can excel in a fast-paced, performance-based, team atmosphere, delivering Emerson value into the HVACR wholesale distribution channel.
This position covers the Western Canada Region. It is home-based and will require daily travel within the territory, averaging 6- 12 overnight trips per month.
We are looking for a person that will fit perfectly with our very talented team of specialists, in an industry that has an incredibly bright future. The right individual will be in a work environment that provides continuous learning, coaching, development, collaboration opportunities, and will receive support from our dedicated, knowledgeable and diverse team.
- BA/BS degree
- prefer Business Administration, Marketing, Management & Leadership, Professional Sales, Engineering, Science
- 3+ years of proven sales experience (face-to-face/personal selling) working with existing and new customers. (Consideration provided to candidates with a strong marketing background in lieu of sales experience.)
- 2+ years of sales experience supporting 2-step HVACR wholesale distribution, MRO, Plumbing channels, other technical sales/market experience
- Verbal communication skills (in-person, conference calls, presentations) and business writing proficiency (transactional
- emails; informational
- call reports, meeting minutes; persuasive
- customer proposals)
- Computer literacy and proficient in software skills (Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently, while being coachable in a remote virtual environment, utilizing technology to remain in touch
- Ability for daily travel within Territory, averaging 6
- 12 overnight trips per month
PREFERRED COMPETENCY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated performance in the 7 Territory Sales Manager Competencies
- Learning agility from all aspects of the wholesale organization
- Ability to engage the sales process across all levels of the customer's organization
- High organization and planning skills including project management with customers
- Gains trust by quickly resolving customer problems & issues
- Passionate about delivering Emerson portfolio value to Distributors & Contractors
- Collaborates & networks with the wholesale team and customers remotely
- Comprehension of smart home technology
- product delivery & install across channels to homeowner
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email via Isarta.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don't settle for good enough or ?This is the way it's always been done.? Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the ?never been done before.?
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.