Supervise all phases of store sales activities to ensure goals are met safely and efficiently. Responsible for monitoring all store sales functions to conform to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety Team to ensure store is adhering to all safety and environmental policies and procedures. Promote a clean, safe, and environmentally compliant store for employees and customers.
- Responsible for store housekeeping.
- Work with all sales and production personnel to continually improve store results and execute company strategies.
- Participate in the hiring, training, and proper delegation of sales personnel and scheduling work hours.
- Monitor and evaluate job performance; train and develop sales staff.
- Communicate and implement policies and procedures; lead by example for the rest of the team.
- Prepare sales reports and assigned tasks for the store.
- Direct and participate in customer care functions.
- Conduct weekly meetings with sales staff to keep team updated and maintain sales team enthusiasm, ensure a positive attitude, and review key performance indicators.
- Train sales staff to continually improve effectiveness of the selling model.
- Ensure all company policies, sales and marketing programs and merchandizing initiatives are current, communicated and implemented.
- Ensure all sales transactions and cash management procedures are in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for overall safeguarding company assets.
- Promote a positive and fulfilling work environment.
- Partner with all internal corporate support resources to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to achieve results.
- Spend at least 85% of time on the sales floor.
- All other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Standing, walking, bending, climbing, and stretching are required for extended periods during the day.
- This position will supervise/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of non-exempt hourly employees.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Strong people skills with an outgoing, friendly, positive attitude.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Able to handle multiple competing tasks and priorities, and perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work required hours which may include weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Experience in scheduling employees in a sales environment.
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
An offer of U.S. employment by Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. or any of its subsidiaries is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a post-offer drug screen and background check.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.