Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)
NOC Job Title: Equipment Installer And Repairer
Expires in 10 days
Last Updated: 2020-09-18
607 Front Street
Nelson, British Columbia
V1L 4B6, Canada
Cranbrook, British Columbia
DHC Communications Inc. is a full service technology integrator based in Nelson, BC. We are a constantly evolving, innovative, company who work with the latest technology. We have grown exponentially since our inception 19 years ago and have plans to continue to grow.
In the Junior Installer role, you will be responsible for installing low voltage systems under the supervision of the crew leader and/or foreman. Additionally, you will be in a supportive role helping senior installers focus on higher level tasks while growing your skills set as a communications system installer. We are looking for someone with a keen sense of learning, team work, and long term career objectives in this specific trade.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNABLE TASKS:
- Install communications cabling systems including copper and fiber optic
- Terminate, test and troubleshoot systems
- Install and maintain intrusion, access control and CCTV security systems
- Work with specifications, drawings and plans
- Tracking materials, labour and equipment used
- Operate overhead lift equipment including boom lifts, scissor lifts and bucket trucks
- Install and maintain outdoor communications systems including line/pole installations
- Experience in any construction trades.
- Adept in the use of small hand tools such as; pliers, screwdrivers, as well as a variety of hand and power tools
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Meticulous record keeping skills
- Must be able to tactfully and patiently interact with customers
- Must have a clean class 5 drivers abstract
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
We thank all applicants for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
Expiring: Sep 30, 2020
Contact: DHC Admin