Financial Marketing Intern
The Financial Marketing Student position will provide you with an opportunity to work alongside experienced and talented professionals and take part in interesting and challenging work assignments. Our company culture fosters a fun working environment, development of meaningful relationships and continuous learning. Building on classroom studies, you will develop and enhance your skills while working with mentors to ?kick-start' a successful career in Financial Marketing.
- Assist marketing team with Supply/Demand fundamental analytical projects as required, including the following:
- track North American and International drilling activities
- track World Oil and North American Gas production and inventories
- track Western Canadian field receipts on the various pipeline systems
- track pipeline and refining facility news and utilization rates
- track inventories and line rates on the Enbridge crude pipeline system
- track North American Weather related databases on Heating Degree Days and Shallow Subsea Temps, etc.
- Assist the marketing team with Technical Price analytical projects as required, including the following:
- track Crude Oil prices, differentials and crack spreads
- track selected North American natural gas prices, differentials and location spreads
- Assist marketing team in preparing weekly budgeted natural gas pricing for the company using database and spreadsheet software
- Assist in the monthly tracking of Canadian Natural's Natural Gas Liquids production
- Location: Calgary Corporate Head Office
- 4 month term beginning in May 2021
- 8 month term beginning in September 2021
- Candidate will be responsible for finding their own accommodations during the work term
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to gain valuable, hands on experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Your application must include an uploaded Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts (in ONE document). Please specify availability (4 month, 8 months, etc.) in the Cover Letter. Only the selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Currently enrolled in a 2nd or 3rd year degree program in Accounting, Finance or Business. Preference given to a candidate intending to pursue an accounting designation (e.g. CPA) or other finance designation e.g. CFA
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Paradox, Freelance, PowerPoint or other database knowledge is an asset
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to track and follow through on tasks
WHY CANADIAN NATURAL?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: "To develop people to work together to create value for the Company's shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity." We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited
- is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ
Primary Location AB-Calgary
Job Campus Program & Student Positions