Meridian OneCap Credit Corp (MOCC) is an equipment and finance company providing a broad range of financial services to businesses throughout Canada. Our parent, Meridian Credit Union, has over 70 years of banking history and is Ontario's largest credit union.
MOCC (formerly Roynat Lease Finance) is a provider of asset financing in the form of capital leases. We are committed to being the best provider of specialized equipment financing services to strategic vendors across Canada. Our service-oriented culture and exceptional group of professionals serves to provide our strategic partners with value-added service and constructive solutions.
Who we are!
Meridian OneCap Credit Corp provides customized leasing solutions both to help companies sell equipment and to companies that have chosen to lease equipment, rather than buy. For manufacturers and vendors, we enable you to provide your customers with a value-added service that helps your customers acquire equipment efficiently, and gives your company a competitive edge. And for the end user, we can help you to preserve working capital in your business, while benefiting now from the use of the equipment.
Our team is known as industry leaders. We've earned our reputation through consistent delivery of financing programs with the most efficient transaction process and superior customer service. With the largest direct sales force within the Canadian market, it's no wonder our customer service is unparalleled.
Purpose of the Job:
The incumbent is responsible for contributing to the achievement of Meridian OneCap's sales targets. The incumbent is required to identify, contact and solicit remote distributors/Vendors aligned with the various active programs. Once a relationship is established, the incumbent is responsible for the development and ongoing support of these Vendor relationships.
The incumbent deals with vendors who participate in national programs, or regional vendors who do not require the traditional sales support model (those that are located far from a major centre, or that do not require traditional face to face sales support). The incumbent typically deals with vendors who book up to $100,000 monthly basis.
- Solicits new Vendor opportunities and works with Director, Regional Sales to develop new Vendor Partnerships.
- Develops partnerships with vendors who sell acceptable equipment to MOCC.
- Identify and contact all remote Vendor/Distributors covered by the active National Account programs.
- Explain the programs to Vendors, providing pricing and program structure.
- Solicit Vendors for program transactions and establish self as key point of contact for programs.
- Provide ongoing communication to Vendors pertaining to new program structures and pricing.
- Application Development
- Receives loan applications, prepares quotes for Vendors and Lessees, and ensures all necessary information is received to process an application.
- Confirms details of the requests with Vendors.
- Accurately enters transaction details into the application system (DSI).
- Submits application to MOCC Credit and follows up directly with the Vendor/applicant for any additional details/questions received from MOCC Credit.
- Contacts customers to confirm details of their contract and review transaction pricing using the tools provided.
- As required, works with the MOCC audit group to confirm how to properly document transactions that are more complicated. Sends out legal documents to Vendor and/or Lessee.
- Registers appropriate liens through appropriate Provincial collateral registries to perfect security (to ensure enforceability of documents and MOCC's priority on equipment to minimize losses in the event of contract default).
- As required, follows up for return of required documents.
- Reviews all transaction documentation to ensure it is properly executed and in compliance with MOCC credit authorization and pricing guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all provincial and federal regulations and internal company policies.
- Works with the Vendor/Lessees to address any documentation deficiencies.
- Prepares Lease package for Audit.
- Scans and uploads all documentation into the Application system and submit it for Audit.
- Works with Audit to deal with any issues or additional information that may be required.
- As required, work with the audit group and follows-up with the Vendor/Lessee on all non-material transaction deficiencies as identified by Audit.
- Updates and distributes indirect lease program pricing information, as applicable, at the direction of their manager, and maintains a database of indirect contacts.
- Learns various vendor and/or broker programs, fee structures and special handling of specific accounts.
- Prioritizes tasks for the workday and re-evaluates priorities as new tasks are required.
Complexity of Position:
The incumbent receives general direction from their manager on assignments; however, he/she is expected to take initiative in terms of managing priorities and workflow. Significant issues, trends and results are communicated to their manager to review recommendations for resolution.
- High level of personal motivation, energy and drive.
- Accepts responsibility for positive end results.
- Collaborative style and persuasive interpersonal skills; ability to influence others.
- Aptitude for mathematical functions including financial calculations.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to interact effectively with customers and all levels of staff to effectively communicate program financing details.
- Strong organization and time management skills; must be able to handle multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience: knowledge of equipment finance and leasing preferred.
- Fluency in French is a requirement if the Inside Sales Specialist supports the Eastern Region.
- Excellent presentation and PC skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.