At ARC, we are in the business of producing some of the world's most sustainable and ethical oil and gas resources.
People join ARC to be part of something truly unique: a Canadian-owned and-operated energy company with a reputation for doing what is right. Since our inception more than 20 years ago, we have been leaders in responsible development. At ARC, we create value for our shareholders while fostering a culture where respect for the individual is paramount, and action and passion are rewarded. By employing top talent and relentlessly striving for excellence, we have earned our place as a leading Canadian energy company.
We all need energy, and the sustainable resources we supply will play a critical role in both decreasing global emissions and improving standards of living worldwide. Join ARC for the chance to meaningfully contribute to the future of energy.
We are currently seeking a Natural Gas Marketing Representative to work in our Marketing department. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills along with a strategic and commercial mindset.
This dynamic full-time, permanent position is based in Calgary and reports to the Supervisor, Natural Gas Marketing. ARC manages the physical flow of commodities through its Marketing team and currently manages production of approximately 45,000 bbl/d of liquids and 700 mmcf/d of natural gas production within Western Canada.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively within ARC's Marketing team focused on moving ARC's natural gas to both upstream and downstream markets at optimal netback pricing. ARC has physically diversified its realized natural gas price to multiple sales points including the US Midwest, Pacific Northwest, Dawn, AECO and Station 2. The position is designed to provide growth and development opportunities through exposure to the various areas of Marketing.
- Work within the Marketing team to ensure the successful day-to-day sales and scheduling of ARC's upstream and downstream natural gas sales on various TC Energy pipeline systems and Enbridge's Westcoast system
- In depth understanding of pipeline tariffs, pipeline constraints, scheduling and other key physical factors related to the selling and transportation of natural gas in Western Canada and the U.S.
- Work with the Marketing team to monitor and optimize ARC's transportation positions on natural gas pipelines
- Monitor, evaluate and continue to develop ARC's physical downstream diversification portfolio
- Evaluation of physical flows and market developments to identify opportunities for incremental value and revenue optimization
- Evaluate and develop takeaway needs and strategies to support existing production and future development needs
- Maintain current industry knowledge through excel based analytics, monitoring of market trends and peer benchmarking
- Participate in key industry committee meetings for the purposes of strategic decision making, reporting of industry developments and, where required, potential regulatory action
- Represent ARC to pipelines, marketers, end users and other external stakeholders for the purposes of developing and maintaining business/commercial relationships
- Participate in off-hour, weekend and holiday on-call rotation for pipeline balancing and operational queries
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- A minimum of five years of experience in a physical or financial gas marketing role
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships to achieve business goals
- Proven ability to deliver results under pressure, multi-task appropriately and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and a strategic thinker with a commercial mind-set
- Superior business acumen and strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Expert knowledge of Excel and an ability to adapt to and learn new software
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail in all areas of work
- High level of personal integrity and exceptional work ethic
Closing Date: October 14, 2020
Interested applicants are invited to apply via ARC's website at http://www.arcresources.com/careers/career-opportunities/
We thank you for your interest in ARC Resources Ltd. however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.