When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 + extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us as a Laboratory Consumables Sales Representative and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
The Laboratory Consumables Sales Representative is responsible for achieving budgetary targets by selling the Lab Plastics Essential product portfolio (e.g. general labware, sample storage, manual liquid handling products and some small equipment) through multiple sales channels within the Provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. In addition, this representative will work closely with the current Laboratory Equipment representative in this territory helping to identify and close equipment opportunities. This individual must design, implement, and execute short and long-term sales strategies that will result in territory growth. Being goal-oriented, proactive and well organized is necessary for success.
- Ability to sell products to multiple customer levels within an organization and through key channel partners. Products include all Lab Plastics Essentials in the Lab Products portfolio as well as some small equipment.
- Conducts product seminars at customer locations or virtually.
- Assist Channel Sales Representatives on assigned product lines in the territory by training, solving problems, joint calls, product shows, etc.
- Achieve and exceed annual sales targets by being creative and developing strategies to grow the business.
- Participate in RFP and new business opportunities by providing information such as the competitive environment, pricing recommendations, product mix and volume and cross referencing in order to win new business and implement negotiated contracts. Also follow up with channels and end users to ensure estimated volumes are achieved.
- Establishes contact with prospective customers by following up on company generated leads, prospecting to uncover new leads and by networking through existing customers. Strong cold calling skills will be necessary for success.
- Schedules and conducts product demonstrations to customers using detailed product knowledge and presenting the product first-hand.
- Prepares and plans a schedule that maximizes interaction with prospective customers.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit interest and ultimately orders. Also travels as needed for sales meetings, sales training and tradeshows. Estimated travel outside of Province is 30%.
- Sound computer skills and the ability to utilize Salesforce.com as a CRM. Regularly updates Salesforce.com with opportunities, co-travel and customer visits.
- Prepares expense reports, monthly sales reports, and forecasts, as requested by the District Sales Manager.
- Provide market feedback from account and channel meetings to include general economic, product, and competitive information.
- Develop positive Account and Channel relationships by being responsive and proactive.
- 2-5 years of experience in industry, academia, or related field with progressively increasing responsibilities
- A University degree in life science, business, or other related field
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in working with channels is an asset
- motivated to improve product knowledge and sales techniques
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- A thorough understanding of the sales cycle and sales cycle management.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize SalesForce.com
- Demonstrated success in forming interdepartmental relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw conclusions and observations from market trends
- Substantiated capability to effectively negotiate and close business
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher Scientific values
- Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement (The Four I's)