Location: 40 Hanna Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 0C3
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
At Loblaw Digital, we know that our customers expect the best from us. Whether that means building the best, most innovative online shopping experience, or designing an app that will impact the lives of people across the country, we're up for the challenge. We've created leading ecommerce experiences in the online grocery shopping, beauty, pharmacy, and apparel spaces, and we're only just getting started.
WHY IS THIS ROLE IMPORTANT?
As a part of the Creative Services Team, the Co-op Copywriter reports to the oCopy & Content Manager and is responsible for writing and editing creative, compelling, and engaging marketing copy that is optimized for ecommerce and digital channels. This role will support multiple businesses and work with stakeholders to create copy solutions, following projects through an established workflow from concept to launch.
- Collaborate with Design and Marketing teams to create compelling content that supports overall digital goals and drives strong online brand identity and experience. Such content will be created for various communication channels, including (but by no means limited to):
- Marketing emails
- Onsite marketing creative
- Digital advertisements
- Social media marketing
- Apps and App Store descriptions
- Print advertising
- Manage process issues with teams to ensure timelines are met and the delivery of information is efficient
- Participate in and contribute to creative meetings and design reviews
- Continually strive to understand the business needs of each project and combine with effective, unique copy and storytelling
- Coordinate copy translation and approvals from appropriate departments
- Enrolled in a program to complete a degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or related discipline
- Exceptional English creative writing and editing skills
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction and critique
- Ability to understand/apply/maintain brand tone of voice
- Ability to write in multiple voices, and work across multiple brands concurrently
Please include your resume, cover letter, work terms and transcript in your application bundle to be considered.
HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Co-op (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.