Staples Business Advantage is the contract business to business division of Staples, working with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management, and a complete assortment of products and services at a low total delivered cost. In addition to a complete selection of office products, Staples Advantage offers: Business Interiors by Staples, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Facility Solutions, Staples Print Solutions and Staples Promotional Products.
To learn more about Staples Business Advantage visit us at: www.staplesadvantage.ca
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Facility Supplies Specialist (FSS) is responsible for developing relationships and penetrating Facility Supplies (Jan/San, Break room and Safety) sales primarily in existing Strategic, Large and Mid-Market Accounts within a geographic territory. The FSS serves as the subject matter expert for his/her assigned sales representatives and works with them to grow and develop the Facilities Supplies product category. The FSS is the key point of contact within the division regarding the Facility Supplies
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works with their Sales Manager to develop Facility Supplies sales strategies for their assigned territory/division
Trains and coaches OP sales representatives on Facility products, processes and buyers to increase their ability to access, persuade and close Facilities business
Conducts joint sales calls with sales reps to assist them in closing the sale
Participation in current account business reviews to introduce Facility Supplies and increase revenue while adding value to the account
Provides expertise and input to the corporate-wide Facility Supplies program regarding product selection, training and issue resolution
- break room
- safety revenue and gross margin targets in defined division
Achieve retention and penetration of Jan/san
- break room
- safety targets in existing OP accounts and new Facility Accounts
- Strategic, Large and Mid-Market Accounts, above $12,000 in annual sales potential
- 50% Customer Time, 50% Non-Customer Time
Business relationships and interactions
- customers, clients
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Computer literacy, including competency related to MS-Windows-based applications
- Proficient in CE solutions: E-Way, Alpha, Procurement Analyzer
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of company products and services
- Minimum of five (5) years selling experience required in at least one of the following disciplines: jan/san, break room, and/or safety products.
- Extensive knowledge of jan/san, break room, and/or safety products also required.
- Training and/or demonstration experience, both internal and end-user, strongly preferred.
- Candidate should be competitive and self-motivated with strong work ethic
Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer and an accommodation will be provided during the hiring process if requested.