A two-billion-dollar global leader in the high performance and lifestyle footwear industry, Skechers USA, Inc. designs, develops and markets more than 3,000 styles for men, women and children. Skechers' success stems from its employees, high-quality, varied product offering, diversified domestic and international distribution channels, and targeted multi-channel marketing.
The company offers two distinct footwear categories: a lifestyle division which includes Skechers Memory Foam and the charity line BOBS from Skechers, and Skechers Performance which includes Skechers GOrun and Skechers GOwalk footwear. Through licensing agreements, the company also offers branded apparel, bags, eyewear and more.
Celebrity product endorsees for Skechers' collections include the world famous drummer Ringo Starr, multi-platinum recording artist Demi Lovato, model and actress Kelly Brook, TV personality Brooke Burke-Charvet, legendary quarterbacks Joe Montana and Joe Namath, baseball stars Pete Rose and Mariano Rivera, and The Voice winner Danielle Bradbery. In addition, elite marathon champion and Boston Marathon winner Meb Keflezighi, elite runner Kara Goucher, and pro golfer Matt Kuchar represent the Skechers Performance Division.
The Company sells its footwear in department, specialty and independent stores, as well as through more than 1000 Company-owned Skechers retail stores and online at skechers.com. Beyond the United States, Skechers product is available in more than 120 countries and territories through an international network of subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Japan, and across Europe, as well as through joint ventures in Asia and distributors around the world.
Skechers ships product through a 1.82 million square-foot, fully automated, LEED-Gold certified distribution facility in California that serves North America. The Company also operates a 753,000-square-foot facility in Belgium that serves Europe and ships directly to the rest of the planet.
Leads assigned Store Managers to achieve COMP and New Store Sales through consistent operational excellence, discipline, and a committed team who execute flawlessly and are obsessive about our product, people and our customers. Supports Regional Manager by communicating company directives to their assigned stores utilizing the one vision, one voice, one message strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes annual sales and unit forecast based on district's strategies.
- Expected to meet or exceed assigned revenue and target metric objectives within the assigned district.
- Reviews sales results weekly and make recommendations to correct deficiencies by identifying issues, opportunities and strategies to course correct. (No Store Left Behind)
- Markets the brand by communicating with the Mall Marketing Managers and local businesses in order to attract new customers.
- Maintains a commitment to the company's sales processes, values and business code of ethics.
- Ensures that ?The Skechers Promise? and ?Selling off the Wall? programs are executed consistently.
- Demonstates visual and marketing excellence by consistent understanding and sharing insight regarding key market drivers; actively using that knowledge to create/seize business and customer focus, product expansion and market development.
- Ensures consistent execution of Company's marketing and visual presentation standards and direction.
- Proactively identifies and communicates various market opportunities for localized product and visual and marketing strategies.
- Utilizes company product reports to analyze product opportunities and to maintain proper depth in all Big Initiative categories.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a culture of recognition, accountability, discipline and urgency.
- Anticipates the needs of his/her district and proactively recruits top talent to support sales and growth of the Company.
- Ability to build and maintain an effective succession plan for district.
- Partners with Human Resources to hire, develop and retain top talent, as well as, address employee relations issues.
- Trains staff on how to drive sales to fullest potential through continued development on product knowledge, customer service standards and visual presentation.
- Utilizes the Profit and Loss statement to identify profit opportunities and to mitigate losses.
- Ensures compliance to Skechers policies and procedures at all times.
- Ensures that customer service standards are consistently executed and operational excellence is maintained in all stores.
- Expected to meet profitability goals as measured by store performance.
- Responsible for payroll goals, shrink reduction, conversion, UPT and average dollar transaction.
- Trains management on scheduling, overtime, time and attendance issues to ensure adequate staffing based on business trend/seasonal adjustments within wage goal/budget.
- Ability to meet target shrink goal by ensuring proper shipping and receiving standards, accuracy of bulk counts and training staff on proper theft control.
- Manages proper stock levels and assortment by store location and volume through reports and proper communication to allocation team.
- Completes monthly store visits in compliance with the Store Visit Program.
- Demonstrates strong initiative to strategically execute Company objectives.
- Builds team spirit and morale by actively seeking and sharing innovative ideas to improve sales.
- Communicates pertinent business information to management in a direct, open, transparent manner using the One Vision, One Voice, Once Message strategy.
- Demonstrates the Skechers Key Behaviors for each Core Competency.
- Ability to assess a District's needs and devises a plan to address those needs.
- Be a role model by presenting a professional image in appearance, words and action.
- Have a leadership presence by conducting extensive travel within district. Occasional travel to other districts and to the Corporate Office.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to execute excellence to company standards at all times.
- A solid understanding of best practices in the retail industry.
- Has demonstrated the ability to execute a financial plan.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel by all travel means (car, bus, train and plane) based on business necessity-travel maybe heavy and up to 75%.
- Valid driver's license is required as is appropriate levels of auto insurance.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft Office-Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills. Must be able to analyze data and make recommendations and decisions based upon data, trends and outcomes.
- A high school education required with college degree preferred.
- Direct Supervision of Store Managers.
- Communicate with Store Managers through weekly conference calls, individual follow-up calls, written communication, and one-on-one communication through store visits.
- Manage all Supervisory functions including training on managerial duties.
Other duties as necessary to maintain stores' daily operations, new store openings, special sales/promotional events and teaching selling off the wall. Prepare monthly business analysis, including quarterly business reviews and other reports as directed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to remain in a stationary position, walk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, grasp (simple/power), twist (neck/waist), stoop, bend, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee constantly positions him/herself, including under counters, fixtures or in storage areas to operate a variety of office machines, such as a cash register, computer, fax machine, calculator, computer printer, etc.; stock merchandise on shelves, counters and tables, handle inventory, clean the store, etc. The employee is required to consistently move about inside the store to greet and sell tocustomers, stock or arrange merchandise, inventory; clean the store, etc. The person in this position frequently communicates with customers, both in person and over the telephone, to meet, greet, service and to sell products; communicates with Store Manager for direction, etc.; be able to document incidents in the absence of managers; must be able to accurately exchange information in these situations. The employee frequently ascends/descends a mobile ladder or step stool to access shelves, stock shelves, arrange merchandise, clean the store, etc. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, carrying at a specified distance dependent on work area, or use the Buddy System, e.g., soliciting assistance from a co-worker.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to sucessfully perform the essential functions of this job.