The Application Developer works closely with other members of the RPA Business Team and other IT subject matter experts to evaluate user requests for new or modified programs and accurately converts the specification provided into high quality applications for IBM Power Systems.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of company business processes, the information/data required and generated, and the computer application functionality required to make those business processes cost-effective and efficient.
- Designs, develops, deploys and implements robust, resilient and secure code with following industry-approved coding practices from frameworks including OWASP, NIST, SDLC and PCI DSS.
- Develops and maintains the technical design document, including flowcharts, diagrams and / or writing pseudo code to illustrate sequence of steps and describe logical operations.
- Periodically reviews status of assigned tasks, consults with business experts and peers and provides regular status reports to manager.
- Maintains code for existing applications and develops enhancements as required.
- Monitors system performance and adjusts storage pools and activity levels when required, and develops sub-system configurations.
- Performs the full range of programming, testing, debugging and modifying reports, data, files, etc.
- Writes documentation and diagrams describing software systems, their integrations and respective data elements; writes units tests, functional test and developer integration tests.
- Carries out special projects as assigned
Minimum 3 years work experience in a programmer or programmer/analyst position in an IBM iSeries environment.
- Post-secondary education in computer programming or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of RPG ILE, SQL, XML, Command Language (CL).
- Working knowledge of RPG II and III, CSV, fixed length and similar data formats/transport languages.
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with the following tools desired: RDi, DB2, IBMi, WRKDBF, 5733XT2 XML toolkit,
- General knowledge of VB.net and Oracle SQL considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly motivated to learn and grow