Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP is one of Canada's leading business law firms. Advising many of Canada's corporate leaders, as well as U.S. and international parties with extensive interest in Canada, our 400 lawyers are based in offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver and New York.
Osler prides itself on attracting and maintaining some of the brightest talent in the legal arena. Our lawyers, students, management and staff have created a unique firm culture which nurtures mentoring and the exchange of ideas. Osler is a dynamic and exciting place to begin a career or carve out a new path.
As a member of the Client Development & Marketing team in Toronto, reporting to the Chief, Marketing & Communications Officer, the Marketing & Events Specialist's responsibilities will include planning, coordinating and executing on all client events (in-person and virtual), client social events and sponsorships.
Please note: this is a contract role for 12 months.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate and execute local, national and international virtual and in
- person client seminars, client events, sponsorships, conferences and social functions.
- Manage event logistics including, lists, invitations, RSVPs, and work with Hospitality Services on event venues, caterers and costs.
- Provide guidance and training on best medium for virtual client seminars and social events.
- Responsible for communicating with clients and lawyers, including working with the creative team to develop invitations, signage and internal messaging.
- Create and monitor event schedules and budgets.
- Create and update event information in the firm's CRM system and ensure the database list of sponsors, clients and contacts are maintained for invitation lists.
- Coordinate table sponsorship for business development in departments, including invitations, RSVPs and payment.
- Coordinate with the other Osler offices to support their event programs as required.
- Evaluate our event offerings to ensure they are on brand and consistent in delivery.
- Work with Hospitality group to improve client seminar process in the Conference Centre; check in, registration and set up.
- Set up and maintain the Osler Firmwide Events Calendar.
- Provide input on speaker selection at client events.
- Write and distribute event follow up material in a timely manner.
- Develop better list management processes within our CRM system and implement these ?best practices' with the Business Development team.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
University degree or college diploma and at least 5 years experience in co-ordinating events. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong event management background (preferably in a corporate environment) with a demonstrated knowledge of event planning and management principles, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of webcasting and virtual event technology (ON24) and experience successfully running virtual events.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- CRM experience, or an equivalent system (Saleforce or OnePlace).
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and is comfortable to liaise with different levels in an organization.
- Ability to take ownership of projects, as well as multi-tasking multiple concurrent events.
- Superior accuracy, attention to detail, creativity, time-management and organizational skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Strong communications and writing skills.
- Experience with budgeting and expense monitoring.
- Must have the flexibility to work extended hours.
HOW TO APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest in Osler; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Osler is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verifications.
If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in one of Canada's leading law firms, please reply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé by the closing date.
No agencies or phone calls/emails please.