WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
In this role as Manager, Executive Communications you will have the opportunity to play a key communications role in RBC enterprise thought leadership and RBC Economics initiatives. You will enhance RBC's brand and reputation as a global thought leader by driving effective integration and delivery of RBC's positioning on key issues that impact business and society.
The successful candidate will have 5+ years of public relations/public affairs experience with a track record in marketing economic commentary and analysis to media and other internal and external audiences.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and execute communications programs with distinct and diverse areas of focus
- Draft news releases, opinion pieces and speeches using skills as a researcher and versatile writer
- Provide sound counsel to senior leaders on daily basis
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- 5+ years of proven public relations/public affairs experience
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to place RBC insights into a larger context, leveraging a keen understanding of political, economic and social forces shaping Canadian prosperity and competiveness
- Understand the diverse and changing media and social media landscape and how it can build a strong profile of the bank's thought leadership brand
- Ability to evaluate impact, measure performance relative to peers and identify opportunities to sustain initiatives
- Lead and execute deliverables through multiple communication channels
- Strategic and agile, combined with the ability to navigate through a large, complex and matrixed organization
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Address: 181 Bay Street
- Brookfield Place
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/11/2020
Platform: Chief Administration Office
Req ID: 278358