We currently have three Temporary Full-Time opportunities for Communications Advisor in the Communications & Stakeholder Relations at our Bayview Campus.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Vice President Communications and Stakeholder Relations, this position is responsible for developing relationships with media, partner organizations and others to educate and encourage stakeholders about the hospital's programs and services and to support the organization's ambitious fundraising campaign.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can get things done under pressure despite multiple competing demands;
- A track record of success working in a comprehensive communications program in a highly complex, multi-layered, intellectually charged work environment;
- Familiarity with the non-profit sector and experience dealing directly with the media;
- University degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related field;
- Minimum five years' experience in the field of communications as a journalist and / or communications specialist;
- Knowledge of traditional and social media platforms to support public relations objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement communications plans;
- Thorough understanding of news media;
- Excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills;
- Ability to identify stories of interest to media and other audiences;
- Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude, professional image and team-oriented style;
- Demonstrated ability to work both as a team member and on your own with minimal supervision;
- Self-starter and creative problem solver who is able to generate significant results using limited resources;
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexibility to work weekends and evenings when necessary;
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 202444 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.