Affiliation: Management & Exempt
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
We're looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,400 employees we can't do without, yet we're growing as fast as ever.
You may think we're your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we're also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You'll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let's rethink energy together.
Reporting to the Communications Insights Manager, this position is responsible for developing and collaborating in the conception and implementation of specific FortisBC communications projects, writing and preparing briefs that provide direction for the creative team to execute on.
- Provide strategic direction across specific communications projects to ensure alignment, clarity and consistency with the FortisBC brand and to meet business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Communication Project Management team to identify resources, timing and budget allocation; to proactively inform Project Management team of any changes in requirements throughout project.
- Provide support and direction to other team members to execute on business partners' strategy as articulated in the communications brief to achieve objectives starting with the briefing meeting all the way through to project launch.
- Develop solid working relationships with business units at various functional levels and to deal responsively with any issues that may arise.
- Use strategic expertise to guide all team members to work together to achieve a unified solution plan that meets the needs of communications brief, ensuring alignment and consistency with the brand.
- Work closely with the creative, digital, events, corporate communications teams to encourage them to explore new communication tactics and to stay ahead of new ideas and technologies.
- Ensure the unified solution presentation is grounded in the strategy as outlined in the brief; to actively participate in presentations to the various business partners internally.
- To be proactively involved with the ongoing monitoring and optimization of projects as outlined in the communications brief. To lead the post-mortem of each project.
- Support and promote the FortisBC culture to engage and inspire employees: do the right thing, knowledgeable, collaborative, forward thinking, get stuff done, safe.
- Diploma in Communications or Marketing or equivalent from an accredited post secondary institution, plus a minimum of three (3) years' related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered
- Energy industry experience is desirable; experience in a regulated environment is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative, strategic and proactive communications and social marketing initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to gauge project duration, deliver on deadline, within budget, and manage a high volume workload
- Demonstrated ability to apply quantitative and qualitative research skills in development of effective and efficient marketing communications programs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively including expert writing, interpersonal, diplomacy, and presentation skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Proven adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressures and last-minute changes
- Exceptional organizational skills: demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver quality results under tight timelines
- Strong initiative, judgment, organizational skills and creative abilities
- Advanced computer software skills (MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team
- Strong working knowledge of industry trends (advertising, social media, etc.).
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
The safety of our customers and FortisBC family members is our number one priority. Depending on the responsibilities of the job, some employees continue to report to the office while others work remotely. To ensure the safety of our employees on our job sites, there is strict adherence to our worksite safety plans and social distancing practices. As an essential service provider, we'll continue to follow the government COVID-19 guidelines and adjust our plans as necessary. As we welcome new employees, our commitment to safety remains for all of our FortisBC family.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You're Applying. What now? page for additional