The following position description is established by Flair Flexible Packaging Corporation (the ?Company?) to outline the basic requirements, duties, and responsibilities of the full-time position of Graphics Coordinator. The Company has the right to amend or modify this job description at any time in its sole discretion.
The position of Graphics Coordinator is responsible for duties to support and provide administrative assistance to the Graphic Design Team.
- The following duties are an overview of the primary duties and responsibilities of the Graphics Coordinator and should not be considered an all-inclusive list:
- Setup New/Revised Item Projects.
- Maintain Project timelines.
- Liaison between DG/CS/Sales and Customers.
- Liaison between DG and other departments.
- Prepare and send customer samples.
- Process Sample Requests.
- Participate in Claim Processing.
- Manage Cylinder/colour inventory.
- Participate Final Print QC
- Catalogue QC print samples.
- Prepare courier packages.
Validate and update graphics-related item information into ERP and other software programs.
- Ensures the approval process of inbound printed samples by distributing to corresponding team members.
- Ensures proper packaging and delivery of printed samples and documentation to customers as required.
- Assists the team with low-level print and pre-press work processes including basic sample mock-up creations.
- Assists with tracking any print related issues and concerns.
- Maintains and organizes the print samples in the filing system.
- Use tact, discretion, and initiative.
- Works well in a progressive, team-oriented environment.
- Comprehends and follows directions.
- Interacts professionally and clearly communicates with colleagues in other offices.
- Attends training sessions and comprehends training materials and subject matter. Understands and acts per the company's policies and standard operating procedures.
- Uses tact, discretion, and initiative.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to become more proficient in duties, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively to provide quality administrative support.
- Has a positive attitude and is a self-starter.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Design Group.
- All Flair employees are required to be an active safety participant at Flair by:
- Attending required safety training sessions,
- Reporting accidents and near misses in a timely fashion,
- Reporting any safety concerns to a designated safety team leader,
- Takes reasonable care for their health and safety,
- Watches out for the safety of their co-workers, and
- Follows Flair's work safety rules and procedures.
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Employees shall report problems with the food safety management system to the responsible person(s). Responsible personnel shall have defined responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
- Employees shall understand the Food Safety Policy, GMP's, HACCP Principle, and Food Safety Standard.
Required Training, Experience, Licenses, and Certifications
In addition to performing satisfactorily all of the duties and responsibilities of the position, an individual in this position must possess and maintain the following knowledge, skills, qualifications, and/or abilities:
- 2-year degree in Graphic Studies with a focus in arts or design graphic work preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a design department helpful.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language at a level adequate to perform job functions.
- Ability to apply safe practices and procedures for performing the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to apply logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions promptly and accurately.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals
Working Environment/Physical Requirements:
- The duties of this position generally involve sedentary office work.
- Moderate physical activity is required.
- Ability to lift items over 25 pounds occasionally and up to 15 pounds frequently.
- Ability to sit, talk, see and hear.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop/bend, lift, and frequent repetitive motion and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and normal vision.
- Frequent use of technical office equipment including personal computer, document preparation equipment, copier, postage equipment, telephone, and fax machine.
- This position has frequent exposure to periods of high activity, interruptions and high stress under demanding and occasionally adversarial conditions.
- The position requires communication with Company employees, customers and other individuals.
- Work hours will vary depending upon the needs of the Company's customers at any given time and will involve working long or non-traditional hours to fulfill Company and/or customer' needs, projects or special circumstances.
- Associate's degree or better in Graphic Design
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization