ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world's largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50? list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ?Unicorn' valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
We're looking for a creative, multi-disciplinary, and high-producing Graphic Designer to join ApplyBoard's growing Marketing Team. You'll use your experience to create visually appealing designs that span multiple mediums. This role requires someone who is a self-starter, highly motivated, and can produce quality work under tight deadlines.
- Create compelling graphics that follow ApplyBoard's brand guidelines for traditional and digital mediums, including but not limited to, the ApplyBoard Platform, ApplyBoard's websites, social media channels, email campaigns, marketing programs, knowledgebase, training platform, presentations, videos, and events
- Focus heavily on creating graphics for ApplyBoard's external knowledge base including page layouts, headers, and in article illustrations
- Respond quickly and work efficiently to manage incoming day-to-day graphic requests to support marketing programs including small illustrations, email headers, email body graphics, social media posts, WhatsApp posts, blog headers, handouts/flyers, etc.
- Approach projects with creativity to develop new and exciting ways to communicate visually
- Work with team members to ensure the ApplyBoard brand is consistently represented across all designs internally and externally
- Utilize strong communication skills to engage with cross-functional team members to effectively collaborate and solicit feedback
- Incorporate constructive feedback from stakeholders into designs
- Apply industry best practices and stay on-top-of trends to keep the ApplyBoard brand fresh and forward-facing
- Deliver high-quality, well-thought-out designs under tight deadlines
- Prioritize and schedule project work to ensure on-time delivery
- 2+ years of graphic design experience in a fast-paced environment, tech industry experience preferred
- A college degree or university diploma in graphic design, integrated marketing communications, multimedia design, web design, fine arts, or a related field
- Strong understanding of design principles and marketing design fundaments
- The ability to illustrate and adapt personal illustration style to match the ApplyBoard brand is essential
- Proficient in a Mac environment with advanced experience using the Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Extensive experience creating graphics for social media that are engaging and tailored toward distinct target audiences
- Willingness to collaborate on design decisions and respond to constructive feedback
- Self-starter with a positive attitude with the ability to work and solve problems independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
QUALIFICATIONS THAT WILL MAKE YOU STANDOUT :
- Strong illustration background with demonstrated examples
Samples of Work:
- Candidates must provide a portfolio that showcases their best work
- Show us how you can adapt your illustration style by creating an ApplyBoard style Instagram post
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of student's lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That's why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.