Jump onboard and join our growing Talent team to explore and support strategic talent and people objectives. As a key member of our Atlantic Canada management team, you will provide leadership and coaching to local leaders on recruitment, HR matters and direction on corporate HR policies and programs. You will drive the achievement of strategic objectives through a people perspective, serving as an advocate, catalyst and champion of HR strategy, talent programs, organizational values, and culture.
Outside of your proven experience in general HR support, you have a passion for recruitment and love to hustle. You are driven by landing the perfect candidate for the role. You embrace change and are known for your ability to influence others and build innovative teams. As a Talent Business Partner, you will utilize your extraordinary interpersonal skills and passion for being a go-to ambassador to help us adapt and excel today to create a brighter people-first tomorrow. Imagine the possibilities as your role focuses on growth opportunities in the Talent and Human Resources field. The pace and path you choose to grow is your choice
- but let us help you get there. As a key member of our team, we will rethink construction together,
from idea to completion. Everywhere. All the time. Period.
What YOU Will Do
- Partner with leadership and immerse yourself within the Atlantic region, building strong, collaborative relationships with the management teams, influencing decision making as it pertains to Talent and HR matters;
- Strive to continuously improve HR service delivery, through utilization of key data and generate insights on improvement opportunities and sharing internal and external leading practices;
- Get tactical and develop strategies to resolve identified and anticipated HR issues, and provide solutions to achieve business outcomes;
- Take charge to source, recruit and hire top candidates with a leading hiring experience
- own the entire recruitment process!
- Get creative and develop unique sourcing and recruitment strategies;
- Take part and provide insight into the development, implementation and rollout of Organizational Development initiatives and special projects;
- Drive implementation of Talent, Culture and Leadership driven processes, policies, and initiatives;
- Effectively handle highly sensitive and confidential employee/labour relations issues arising within the Atlantic region, including workplace investigations, grievances, workplace conflict and effective resolution, discipline, performance matters and general employee relations;
- Manage employee relations practices to facilitate and encourage communication between managers and employees through standardized performance management and effective coaching;
- Support employee engagement efforts and enable an open feedback culture;
- Play a key role in the promotion of a safety-first mindset across the organization;
- Take pride in onboarding and assist with new employee integration;
- Create memorable first impressions through attending key networking events;
- Embrace the learning experience and be open to internal career opportunities;
- Collaborate with fellow team members to provide guidance and leadership to the business as one coast-to-coast Talent, Culture and Leadership team;
What YOU Will Bring
- A degree and/or diploma in Human Resources or Business, combined with 5-8 years of HR business partnering experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Certified Human Resources Professional or Leader Designation is preferred;
- Experience driving people-based initiatives for a multi-provincial territory;
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple leaders, providing effective guidance and challenge where appropriate;
- Ability to think strategically and a performance history of implementing scalable solutions that meet current and future business needs;
- Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Communicate with impact and credibility, collaborating with team members and in the development and execution of solutions;
- Excellent organizational skills and can handle complex deliverables while addressing urgent issues in a timely manner;
- Experience using an applicant tracking system paired with enthusiasm for innovation;
- Knowledge of construction would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of the Atlantic market and ability to work throughout the Maritimes.
Why Choose Pomerleau
- Competitive salary
- 4 weeks' vacation
- Group insurance (including a health spending account!)
- Group RRSP
- Employer paid monthly public transit pass
- Fitness Membership or Activity Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting training opportunities
- Dynamic culture
- Exciting career opportunities
- Summer hours
What are you waiting for? Let's build something extraordinary together. Apply now to join the team. We want to hear from you!
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Be sure to join our Talent Network to stay informed about all job opportunities at Pomerleau.
Pomerleau Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation. During any stage of the recruitment and hiring process, accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.