Posting Job Description :
CFIB takes direction from more than 110,000 members in every business sector nationwide, giving independent business a strong and influential voice at all levels of government, supporting them with the tools, advice, and resources they need and providing them with exclusive savings and services. At CFIB, everything we do is to increase the odds of success for independent business owners. We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time one-year contract position as a Manager, Marketing Partnerships and Strategic Initiatives in our Toronto office location.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Member Experience and Strategy, you will be responsible for exploring, securing, and managing CFIB's marketing partnerships. Marketing partnerships at CFIB can be built around strategic initiatives such as the #SmallBusinessEveryDay campaign, thought leadership (research, webinars), and cross-promotional opportunities. You will also be responsible for managing key strategic initiatives, including #SmallBusinessEveryDay and webinars.
- Manage existing marketing partnership relationships, including with sponsors and supporters of CFIB's #SmallBusinessEveryDay campaign, ensuring commitments are met and new opportunities are explored and developed
- Regularly update partners on campaign performance and upcoming plans and opportunities
- Set the criteria for assessing ongoing and prospective marketing partnerships, and:
- Respond to incoming enquiries from prospective marketing partners
- Proactively identify and reach out to prospective marketing partners who meet the criteria, promoting the benefits of partnering with CFIB
- Evaluate existing partnerships and explore ways they might be deepened/expanded
- Establish internal processes for marketing partnerships, from initial contact through to negotiating terms/agreements, and execution
- Identify opportunities to expand CFIB's marketing partnerships offering
- Lead and manage the partner webinar strategy and establish internal processes for delivering partner webinars
- Manage key marketing initiatives, including campaigns (#SmallBusinessEveryDay and Small Business Saturday) and programs (webinars and thought leadership programs)
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team and broader divisions within CFIB on strategic initiatives to support CFIB's organizational goals.
- At least one-year experience developing and managing marketing partnerships
- Experience building, managing, and executing marketing campaigns, including email, webinars, and online programs, including working with partners and their Agencies, social media teams, and communications teams.
- Strong project and time management skills to deliver on multiple projects and timelines
- Experience steering projects to ensure they meet business needs
- A mind for creative thinking and understanding of business strategy, particularly marketing strategy
- Strong presentation skills to deliver pitches and other presentations to partners
- A post-secondary degree in business administration or social sciences with focus on market research and/or marketing, or equivalent with 3-5 years of practical experience
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with Marketing team, as well as other internal and external contacts.
We have a high performing and dynamic marketing & communications team in our Toronto office and an informal but highly professional and collaborative environment. We are conveniently located on Yonge Street, steps from the TTC's York Mills Station, and just off the 401. A work from home arrangement may be required at this time due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Canadian Federation of Independent Business (CFIB) is Canada's largest association of small and medium-sized businesses with 110,000 members across every industry and region. CFIB is dedicated to increasing business owners' chances of success by driving policy change at all levels of government, providing expert advice and tools, and negotiating exclusive savings.
Be a part of the solution and apply today!
CFIB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.