Senior Marketing Specialist, Corporate Communications & PR
Date Posted: September 28, 2020
Arbor Memorial Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a significant player in the cemetery and funeral business from coast to coast with over 140 locations across Canada
Our Head Office located at 2 Jane Street, Toronto, Ontario is currently recruiting a full-time Senior Marketing Specialist, Corporate Communications & PR.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications this position implements corporate communications programs and PR initiatives designed to build an understanding of the Company's goals and foster engagement among employees, as well as, increasing Arbor's presence in positive news stories and position Arbor as experts in the Canadian industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Marketing Communications to implement the internal communications strategic plan for the company; advise senior leaders, helping them more effectively communicate across their teams in line with their leadership style; and develop communications that build engagement and a positive transparent culture within Arbor.
- Plan, write, edit and post content on behalf of the Marketing department, ownership and senior leadership for a variety of internal communications vehicles including but not limited to: Intranet, email, newsletters, internal social media, town halls, annual meetings.
- Monitor and analyze employee feedback from key channels in order to propose and apply best practices to extend reach, understanding and engagement.
- Understand the diverse and changing media and social media landscape in order to develop and execute initiatives that build a strong profile of Arbor as thought leaders.
- Develop key messages, briefing notes, spokesperson preparation, media responses among other materials to support media opportunities.
- Assisting the Senior Director, Marketing Communications on corporate communications and PR projects, assuming his/her duties when necessitated by absence.
Other duties may be assigned as required, in addition to the principal duties and responsibilities outlined above.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required for this role:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field is required.
- 5+ years dedicated experience in corporate communications and/or public relations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with superb ability to translate ideas into clear, compelling messaging.
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions in order to manage and drive communications narratives across the internal organization.
- Ability to work calmly, maintain good judgment, adapt quickly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using multiple communications platforms, including digital, print, social and events.
- Proven track record of taking initiative to identify and solve internal communications challenges, and in leading executives and others to support and champion an effective internal communications program.
- Must possess excellent organizational, project management and writing skills and be accustomed to working under deadline, completing deliverables on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to partner will all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Arbor's values of integrity, trust, teamwork and excellence.
For more information about careers with Arbor Memorial Inc., please visit our career section at http://arbormemorial.com/Careers/
We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Completion of satisfactory business references, background checks (credit, criminal), employment testing and proof of education are essential conditions of employment
Arbor Memorial Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and/or testing and require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Arbor Memorial Inc.