EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
THE CHALLENGE AHEAD:
The NHL experience design team is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to help visualize the future of UI and player experience on EA Sports NHL. We are looking for someone who is experienced, versatile and passionate to bridge the gap between our engineering and art teams. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on designing the game's foundation layer.
What you will do as a Motion Graphics Designer:
- Help develop the motion language and direction for the product.
- Create mock-up animatics in 3D (AE/C4D) to pre-visualize UI elements in 3D worlds.
- Build animations through a pipeline from conception, integration and optimization into the product.
- Estimate work while making smart trades between quality and pace.
- Understand how the EA audience plays with its games/services, and make use of this knowledge in the development of amazing visuals.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure EA branded games are of high-quality.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience with Adobe Products with a strong understanding of Photoshop, After Effects.
- Experience with 3D modelling and animation.
- Motion graphics experience.
Analyze project requirements.
Technical aptitude and a cooperative/collaborative approach to teamwork.
Work in an iterative production process.
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of experience in gaming or film with a background in FUI. (fantasy user interfaces)
- Understanding of UX principals.
- Experience with ActionScript.
- Intermediate programming experience with C# and XML.
- Experience working in a version control environment. (Perforce)
- A passion for making games!
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make outstanding games, we offer great benefits and compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Are you ready to join the