A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US
Good Food, Good Life is the very essence of Nestlé. This philosophy goes back to our beginnings. The Nestlé Company was founded in 1867 by Henri Nestlé, who developed the first milk-based baby formula. Today, over 150 years later, we are recognized as the world's largest Food and Beverage Company employing around 280,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world. Nestlé Canada has a wide variety of food, beverage, and nutrition products to help you and your family live happier and healthier lives including: Gerber and Good Start, Nescafé, KitKat, Smarties, Aero, Delissio, Häagen-Dazs, Boost, Purina, and Nestlé Waters. Nestlé Canada supports your personal growth with a people-focused culture and a flexible and diverse working environment. Our aim is to create a unique career experience for talented young professionals like you. Join us to find out why, there is more to Life at Nestlé...
Business areas: Nestle Canada
Job title: Sales Internship
We are seeking out a talented Sales Intern based at our Brampton location working with the Customer Development Analytics Team. This position will be working on various projects and working with our key retailors.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF...
A day in the life as a Sales intern consists of working on a broad range of Sales-strategies for various product categories and brainstorming in-store execution ideas. You'll be provided many opportunities to work on special projects such as customer analysis, developing e-commerce strategies to ensure maximum online visibility for Nestle' products. This role will provide an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to gain experience across multiple projects within the customer analytics team.
You will also:
- Assist with analytics, reporting, and various special projects for a customer account team.
- Exposure to front line account experiences (merchandising, building rapport with various Nestlé clients, etc.).
- Opportunities to make meaningful contributions to our brands and categories through purposeful projects and initiatives.
- A solid understanding of the total sales function from planning to operational implementation.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL
As the successful candidate, you will be a self-starter and have excellent interpersonal skills coupled with experience working cross-functionally with sales and marketing. You will have proven problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to gain insights and develop recommendations. You will need to be results focused, detail oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment managing several complex priorities with strict deadlines.
You will also:
- Currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year University degree program (BA or Business Administration)
- Maintaining a GPA of 3.0 and above is considered an asset.
- Have the ability to build great relationships with internal stakeholders from various backgrounds and work collaboratively on multiple projects.
- Be able to showcase excellent communication and organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Be passionate to build and grow brands, with ?can-do' attitude and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Involvement in extracurricular activities, which demonstrate initiative and leadership.
- Self-motivated, results focused, agile, innovative, and intellectually curious.
- Fast learner, and must be comfortable working within a dynamic, challenging environment.
- A results and detail-oriented professional with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression
- this really could be a move towards the exciting Sales career you've always wanted.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
What can we offer in return? Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company. You will also receive developmental feedback throughout your work-term to ensure that you are learning and understanding the importance of Sales within the world's largest food company. You will also build your business acumen and leadership capabilities and support your development and long-term success.
The closing date for applications is October 31st. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.