Location: 243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Shoppers Drug Mart is a leader in retail and pharmacy and is one of the most recognized and trusted names in Canada. With an extensive network of over 1,200 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores to service the needs of Canadians, we have a presence in each province and three territories and are one of the most convenient retailers in Canada. Every day, we proudly serve Canadians who believe that being healthy means looking and feeling good.
Shoppers Drug Mart is a Canadian success story of 50 years, created by recognizing needs, building relationships and focusing on doing what's needed for our patients and customers.
We are hiring a Specialist, In store Marketing
Reporting to the Manager, In-Store Marketing, the incumbent, will be responsible for the management and delivery of in store Campaigns, Signage and Print materials ensuring that strategic objectives along with innovation through POP captures a unique customer In-Store experience. The specialist will act as the liaison between internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Operations, Design & Construction, Marketing and Merchandising teams) and external vendors (e.g. Print vendor, Promotional merchandise vendor) to optimize store programs and to ensure the campaigns drive high impact and differentiation though the customer In-Store experience.
- Lead In-Store campaigns
- build executional brief (based on agreed-upon direction) with detailed job specs, submit to suppliers, and manage quote process, negotiating for best prices.
- Maintain budget for individual program, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Manage timelines for signage and promotional merchandise portion of marketing process.
- Work with creative and production teams to ensure accuracy in marketing assets and communication.
- Support stores in executing signage programs successfully by coordinating signage distribution and troubleshooting when issues arise.
- Coordinate purchase order creation and process invoices. Maintain monthly finance forecasting for own projects.
- Maintain clear communication and positive relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Recommend creative ideas for new components and team processes.
- Assist key stakeholders in building signage plans that support marketing programs' objectives and strategy.
- Gather and curate feedback to provide post-mortem reports of programs.
- Manage special projects as it relates to enhancing the In-Store experience.
- Assist to train team members as required.
- Work closely with internal groups: Category Management, IT, translation, legal, creative, digital, media, merchandising, store planning, promotions, operations/regions, call centre, marketing communications, corporate organizational development, public relations, etc. in order to develop, communicate and execute ?store-ready? programs in an effective and timely fashion.
- Manage the In-Store Décor and Wrap programs for SDM /Beauty BOUTIQUE, Wellwise, Beauty Clinics including selection, inventory control, packaging, logistics and distribution for new stores and replenishment.
- Manage permanent signage project executions for new stores working with internal real estate teams and external vendors ensuring alignment to Shoppers Drug Mart Branding and Guidelines
- Manage Local Marketing Portal site including reporting, financial reconciliation and maintenance of template library & promotional merchandise.
- Inform Manager of projects' status to support effective marketing planning.
Skills, Knowledge & Education:
This position requires a strong team player that enjoys working in a fast paced deadline driven environment and has the ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders in order to achieve business results.
- Ability to drive innovation and differentiation though new visual ideas and techniques
- Ability to deliver marketing programs and initiatives in a timely and actionable manner.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Business acumen
- demonstrated negotiating and multi-tasking skills to manage competing timelines. Highly organized to manage a cross-section of programs.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to handle tight deadlines and last minute revisions
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with print production processes is an asset.
- A Team Orientation
- Tactful approach when dealing with stakeholders
Education & Job Knowledge:
- Post-secondary education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree or College diploma in Marketing, or Graphic communication.
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian retail, and in-store marketing would be an asset.
- Data management experience using MS Office applications & office communication tools, especially strong in Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- A Minimum 5 years of demonstrated proficiency in:
- Project management
- Visual Merchandising
- Print production
- External vendor experience (Printing and Fulfillment Houses)
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we have always remained true to our belief that the root of our success lies with our people. We pride ourselves on providing more ways to care About our patients, customers and community.
We offer unique work, and the benefits you would expect from a large corporation, all with a smaller company feel, as well as:
- A high energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence.
- Competitive pay structures, rewarding strong and consistent performance
- A highly customizable benefits plan, including a vacation purchase option
- Peer recognition programs
- Employee discounts on in-store purchases
- Opportunities for skill development and advancement in your work
- Learning and development through our SDM University
- Strong culture of charitable and community involvement
- Unique chance to work with an organization that is committed to improving the health and well being of Canadians
How You'll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct
- it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Employment Type: Full time
Type of Role: Regular
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation's evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.