Company:Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:1
POSITION OVERVIEW :Reporting to the Global Marketing Leader, the Marketing Manager, Creative and Brand actions for Finning Canada as well as at an international level and will lead the development of thoughtful, high-impact, and engaging marketing assets, which support our business Priority Value Drivers and customer centricity. In this global shared services team, you will lead a team of two in-house designers along with several creative and media partners in this exciting and varied role.
As part of a digital-first creative and innovative in-house marketing services team you will be the face of the creative team bridging the relationship between internal clients and designers managing their briefs, projects and campaign development. You will need a customer focused approach with experience of creative project management within the B2B space as well as ideally media buying and creative agency management.
You are known to be a creative, resilient and a very organized marketing professional. You are a strong leader with a passion for creative deployment, design and delivery. You are even the type obsessed with continuous improvement... driving change and higher standards of work and results is what you strive for!
If you enjoy a fast-paced, creative, collaborative and fun environment with access to multiple brands and a global business reach, then we would love to hear from you today!
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Creative development and execution
- Review and enhance creative briefs and ensure Digital, Communications and Events teams as well as creative agency is engaged appropriately to execute on project scope and deliverables.
- Ensure creative guidelines, tone, voice, imagery, and other creative components are incorporated to deliver a consistent experience across our Finning-Cat, Finning and partner brands as well as within the unique positioning of our market segments.
- Ensure content development and creative positioning aligns with business value proposition, objectives and overall brand position.
- Work with agency partners and internal teams to develop the creative materials required for executing marketing projects across all channels (print, digital, branch, event, video, photography, Out of Home etc.).
- Consult marketing segment managers throughout the lead creative sign-off process to ensure feedback is captured effectively and stakeholders are aligned to scope, positioning, and messaging.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to define assets needed by campaign and segment across traditional and digital channels and ensure communications are integrated.
- Work to support the global marketing operating principles of best practice sharing, co-development and develop once/execute in our three regions wherever possible.
- Be the subject matter expert on development of creative assets throughout the business and act as Creative and Brand authority in consultation with stakeholders
- Ensure that creative material is of the highest quality, is error free and supports our overall brand position and differentiation in the market.
Agency relationship and creative resource management
- Lead planning and prioritization of FINCA creative briefs and activity with agency, internal creative resources and freelancers.
- Ensure creative agency have access to SMEs and materials required to quote, plan and execute against creative and brand work briefed.
- Track agency performance and provide feedback to support continuous improvement cycle and measure output versus SLAs set.
- Line manage internal creative resources and champion creative service agency culture promoting a collaborative creative team environment across internal and external creative resources.
Brand governance and management
- Champion a FINCA leadership position for Brand marketing at a global level
- Global alignment with brand.
- Ensure creative concepts and materials adhere to brand guidelines and best represent the Finning and Caterpillar/ Cat brands.
- Act as brand steward by completing a through the review of all materials (inside and outside of the department) for brand consistency and corporate guidelines.
- Act as voice of FINCA on global brand projects developing and maintaining global and regional brand books and brand support materials.
- Provide training and support for internal and external partners to ensure stakeholders are aware of and are applying brand guidelines correctly.
Category marketing for Business Unit
- Act as Marketing lead working with the Leadership and stakeholders to identify the annual marketing requirements. Once identified help to build the annual marketing plan for the segment. Work with the creative and agency resources to brief and develop Mining campaign activity and assets.
- Own creative and campaign approval process and lead campaign production and delivery activity.
- Own with the Category team the marketing campaign analytics and evaluation against Category business objectives and success criteria set.
Process governance and cadence
- Oversee marketing processes in regard to approvals, project flow, stakeholder engagement, etc., and ensure these processes are adhered to.
- Ensure that major campaigns are developed, approved, produced and delivered through recommended media channels on time and within budget.
- Manage agency and internal resource work prioritization in line with business objectives and campaign delivery critical paths.
- Post-secondary education is required. Preference will be given to a degree in Marketing/Business or a related field.
- Minimum 5+ years progressive experience in B2B Marketing, Communications or graphic design
- Strong marketing and business acumen with demonstrated knowledge of creative principles, campaign management, advertising and promotion, program management, photography and video execution and customer-centric marketing best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the 4+2 Ps of marketing (Product, Price, Placement, Promotion, People, Process).
- Agency relationship management is preferred.
- Customer facing experience considered an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software specifically Microsoft Word, Visio, Teams, and Excel.
- Strong team player skills, including cooperation, collaboration, and negotiation/persuasion skills.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.