There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a student interested in sales and marketing to be involved in this exciting industry at the front lines
- interacting regularly with sales managers, dealers, and agency partners! In this role, the student will gain foundational knowledge of what it's like to work for a leading organization, and learn alongside experienced professionals.
As a valuable member of the regional sales team, the chosen candidate will attend a range of meetings with internal and external partners. Also, this Co-Op provides a chance to job shadow District Managers in the field to better understand the business, and opportunities at GM.
ADDITIONAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Coordination of local marketing events, working in close collaboration with the marketing teams and agencies
- Support a small group of regional staff including administrators and department heads
- Assist in sales reporting and other sales communications
- Computing Sales Data Analysis to find market opportunities, optimize vehicle options and packaging
- Supporting the planning and execution of Regional Marketing Association meetings
- You may also have the opportunity to lead a project from start to finish which will be dependent on your interest and business needs!
- Enrolled in a Business, Finance, or Marketing Co-Op degree program, and in 3rd or 4th year of study
- Must be eligible to work full-time (40 hours per week), and for 8 or 12 months work term (2-3 consecutive semesters)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with proven track record to take initiative and move things forward
- Highly adaptable and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Fundamental digital literacy including significant understanding of MS Word and PowerPoint, with an emphasis on Excel
- Valid Full G driver's license
- Able and willing to conduct work from home while COVID-19 protocols are in place
Willingness to travel and relocate across Canada, should full-time opportunities be offered
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.