My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, your career goals are important to us. We want to share your vision of success, and work with you to make it happen. To support your career development, we welcome you to apply for any open roles that match your qualifications and interest.
Whether you are pursuing a construction or corporate career, with locations and projects across North America and beyond, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. We expect the best from you, and in return, you can learn, grow, and succeed, personally and professionally, by taking advantage of PCL's relocation opportunities.
We are seeking a Communications Coordinator for our Ottawa District office located in Ottawa, Ontario . This position will support PCL's portfolio of internal and external communication activities, products and initiatives.
- Provides basic editing and proofreading support.
- Writes clear, concise business communications that are tailored to the right audience and are free of spelling and punctuation errors.
- Creates and executes project communication plans and related initiatives.
- Develops and maintains strong, customer-focused relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs external communications tactics (news releases, PCL.com, articles, etc.).
- Monitors and develops social media content.
- Provides support to special events; may lead some events and may provide communication and support logistics on larger events.
- Applies PCL's branding (language and visual elements) to communication pieces.
- Provides communications consultation to internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, or equivalent.
- 1- 2 years of experience in a similar role/co-op.
- Basic understanding and ability to create the elements of a communications plan.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Exhibits a high level of detail orientation, organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to research, analyze, and organize information accurately and effectively.
- Ability to consult with internal clients and provide excellent customer service and support skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential information.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and various social media platforms.
- Eligible for security clearance (Secret-Top Secret Level).
- Bilingual in English and French.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.