We are currently looking for a Manager, Corporate Communications to join our communications team at our head office in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reporting to the Director, Communications and Corporate Affairs, the Manager, Corporate Communications will lead a team of talented communicators in a range of activities that include media relations and outreach, winner publicity and promotion, digital and social media, and organizational communication and engagement.
They will also liaise with leaders and stakeholders across WCLC and our partner organizations to effectively manage communication activities, and to develop plans and strategies that will contribute to our long-term reputation and success.
The successful candidate will draw on their experience, organizational skills, and creativity to develop and execute communication plans that support our products, our people, and our role as a successful fundraiser for our members.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Corporate Communications team in creating and executing plans for both internal and external communications that align with wider departmental and corporate objectives
- Be a trusted advisor who provides communications counsel and support to project managers, committees, colleagues, corporate departments and other stakeholders
- Work closely with counterparts in partner organizations to achieve shared communication goals related to winner publicity, product launches, and issues management
- Develop measurability and feedback tools to assess the level of success achieved by corporate communication programs
- Support the Communications Director in media relations, issues management and crisis communications for the organization
- Contribute to creating and implementing communication standards and guidelines throughout the organization
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE
- 7-10 years of combined leadership and operational experience
- Post-secondary education or certification in communications or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and capability in editing, media relations, and employee coaching
- Knowledgeable communicator with proven track record in achieving measurable results
- Experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, influence, drive consensus and resolve conflict among individuals and organizations
- Strong management skills including performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, and plan execution
- Ability to manage multiple activities and priorities with minimal direction, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Familiarity with the lottery industry is an asset
Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC) is a non-profit organization authorized to manage, conduct and operate lottery and gaming-related activities for its Members, including the governments of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories and Nunavut participate as associate members. WCLC's affairs are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two representatives appointed by each of the Member provincial governments.
Our vision is to provide a World Class Lottery Experience for our Players including entertaining products, convenient access to products anytime, anywhere and a positive experience in all interactions. WCLC recognizes that it's our people that make this possible.
Join an organization that values collaboration, respect, integrity and an opportunity to grow both professionally and personally. Don't gamble with your career.......apply by October 16, 2020 at: WCLC Careers