Reporting to the Manager, Organizational Quality and Patient Safety, the successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Communications and Quality & Patient Safety teams, as well as stakeholders across the hospital, to gain valuable on-the-job experience, skills development and mentorship in a supportive and inclusive work environment. The Communications and Quality & Patient Safety teams are looking for an enthusiastic self-starter and team player with a passion for content creation and enabling teams to do their best work.
The candidate will be a recent graduate or a student in their fourth year of a four-year Bachelor's degree, final year of an Advanced Diploma or completing a Post-Graduate Certificate Program in Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, Arts, Health Sciences or related field.
The Corporate Communications and Quality Improvement intern will be required to work remotely and on-site at the hospital. MGH has robust screening and physical distancing practices in place for all employees to ensure a safe and healthy work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Develop Internal Communications and Visual Design Tools and Processes
- Develop communication tools and processes for teams to effectively disseminate and discuss organization priorities andperformance
- Develop visual templates to facilitate communication dissemination (e.g. scorecards, posters)
- Write and edit content for the employee intranet; provide client support on updates
- Support the planning and publication of MGH's internal newsletter, Eastbound
- Support with communications planning efforts on corporate campaigns
- Content Creation: Writing/Interviewing/Storytelling
- Increase awareness of MGH's healthcare services, community programs, partnerships, research and people by contributing to MGH's digital newsroom
- Research, write and interview subject matter experts for stories on the MGH website, social media channels, internal newsletter and community/trade publications
- Use a variety of multimedia platforms to distribute and leverage content, including photography, video, infographics and new media platforms
- Special projects
- Support the implementation of special projects and other assignments as required