The Phoenix Society is a not-for-profit society dedicated to providing accessible services and opportunities to people who face barriers related to addiction, mental health, housing, education, criminal justice involvement and/or employment.
- Challenge yourself by joining a rapidly growing organization.
- Surround yourself with skilled helpers, willing to share their knowledge and expertise with new staff and people in their early careers.
- Finish each day knowing you have made a difference.
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with a healthy work/life balance.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, this role is responsible for providing strategy and oversight for Phoenix's fund development and communications activities, managing the day-to-day operations of fundraising and monitoring the overall performance of the department. There will be a strong focus on building and maintaining relationships with donors in order to increase awareness and support for Phoenix.
Our Communications and Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Fund Development and Communications Manager.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for third-party events and liaise with organizers.
- Knowledge of community groups and strong ambition to connect with stakeholders.
- Provides expertise in the development, organization, administration and execution of special events and keeping pre and post event details.
- Contributes to and helps implement plans to engage stakeholders and volunteers.
- Establish successful working relationships both internally and externally.
- Identify and implement improvement strategies and best practices.
- Participate in the implementation of the communications and marketing plans for each event in concert with the Events Coordinator.
- Manage media relations for Phoenix and effectively inform and promote our brand, mission, values and product.
- Draft written materials, prepare presentations and to communicate our story.
- Manage all of our company's press releases by effectively describing and promoting our products and services.
- Develop and implement a successful annual fundraising plan in consultation with the CEO and Board to set fundraising targets, with a focus on grant writing, identification of prospective donors, and donor stewardship.
- Ensure a steady flow of proposals, reports and stewardship information for current and prospective funders, on a demanding schedule.
- Research and write grant applications, reports and other correspondence for prospective and current donors, government, foundations and corporate funders.
- Identify, research and acquire prospective individual, and corporate donors and sponsors.
- Develop and implement campaigns to reach new prospects, targeted by sector.
- Produce in-house fundraising appeal and campaigns to donors using various computer programs and applications and social media.
- Lead preparation of newsletters, annual reports, and social media content.
- Adhere to the guiding principles and policies of Phoenix.
- Undertake fundraising-related duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years' experience in a fund development or similar role in a nonprofit environment
- A bachelor's degree in commerce/marketing/communications or related field
- Superior verbal and written communication skills are required, as are exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, including demonstrated ability to work with senior executives and the demonstrated ability to be tactful and diplomatic with sensitivity to a broad cross-section of individuals.
- Collaborative with a customer-focused, positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office applications and donor database systems
- Strong organizational (time management), analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Experience in major donor cultivation and engagement
- Experience in developing annual giving campaigns
- Demonstrated experience and confidence in asking people to donate, sponsor or make major gifts
- Experience with Keela, Salesforce, Mailchimp or other CRM is an asset
- CFRE certification an asset
- Marketing and/or media relations experience is an asset
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Criminal Records check for working with vulnerable populations
- TB Certificate
We look forward to your application!