If you are an enthusiastic Senior Graphic Designer looking to join a dynamic and innovative company on the leading edge of the ag-tech revolution, we invite you to apply here!
We believe in technology to feed a changing world. CubicFarms (TSXV: CUB) is an ag-tech company providing automated growing systems for fresh produce and nutritious livestock feed. CubicFarms offers turnkey, commercial scale, hydroponic, automated controlled-environment growing systems that can grow predictably and sustainably for 12 months of the year virtually anywhere on earth. The company has sold and installed systems in Canada and internationally, and continues to grow a global pipeline of prospective customers. Visit us at www.cubicfarms.com.
THE ROLE: SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
As a Senior Graphic Designer at CubicFarms you will be an integral part of the marketing team that is responsible for developing and distributing marketing content and communications through earned and owned media channels. This role will be working closely with stakeholders within the business, to develop strategic communications that speak directly to our audiences and hit our business objectives.
- You're the type of person who can't walk out the door with anything left undone. You like all of the boxes ticked off and make schedules and lists when no one cares but you. It's in your DNA.
- You are a self-motivated, passionate, experienced individual who is looking for an opportunity to work with an emerging organization with a great deal of room for advancement.
- You are an entrepreneurial minded, hands on person who leads by example and thrives on solving challenging problems.
- You have a green thumb and a jack of all trades. You are just as comfortable using a spreadsheet as you are using a wrench.
- You are motivated by the thought of working in the new and upcoming ag-tech industry.
- You are reliable, proactive, and willing to take the lead on tasks that need to be accomplished.
- You have the ability to structure yourself in an unstructured environment and are motivated to learn new skills.
- You are willing to work during various hours throughout the day and lend a hand where required to get the job done.
- Above all you like to have fun while doing all of the above.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop practical and differentiated creative solutions, conceptualization, production, and execution.
- Working with Head of Marketing to ensure priorities and production schedules are met.
- Oversee the development of materials created by our production artist and external creative/agency suppliers to ensure brand consistency, differentiation, and quality.
- Design assets for our web properties, digital marketing campaigns, print materials, employee brand programs, training programs and events.
- Work with other CubicFarms team members to gather graphic design requirements and produce final designs.
- Collaborate with various teams and internal clients to brainstorm, conceptualize, and bring to life graphical ideas in a creative way
- Ensure final graphics are visually appealing and on-brand.
- Show continuous growth and improvement in design capabilities, required technical skillset and character traits.
The ideal Senior Graphic Designer must be design and marketing driven with a strong understanding of how their work contributes to demand generation and our organizational objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary Education in graphic or media design
- 5+ years of agency and or in-house design experience
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Your portfolio includes digital content such as webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media marketing
- Your portfolio includes commercially applied creative concept designs spanning multiple marketing channels under a unified brand
- Your portfolio includes hand-sketched mock-ups that demonstrates your process in ideation and concepting
- You have an advanced knowledge in designing for PowerPoint and Keynote. You have a working knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Word, and Google Suite. A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail (no typos!)
- Best practice creative design modification experience in multiplatform marketing (print, web, social)
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills, working with a variety of stakeholders, projects, and channels concurrently
- WordPress/CMS experience preferred
- Active interest or commitment to sustainable farming practices and a healthy lifestyle is a plus!
Interested applicants may apply to the position by submitting their applications on our Careers page on the CubicFarms Website.
CubicFarms is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified and enthusiastic candidates. CubicFarms is a growing organization in an emerging industry that will provide the right candidate with significant potential for advancement in the ag-tech space.