Reporting to the Director, Marketing + Brand, The Advisor, Marketing + Brand role will be responsible for the development and implementation of go to market execution for brand and acquisition campaigns via both traditional and non-traditional tactics. If you're a natural born storyteller, demonstrate a strong creative gut instinct and are extremely organized and love creating processes, then we're looking for you to join the Denny's Marketing + Brand team! We're looking for up and coming marketing professional to help breathe new life into the Denny's Canada brand. This is an exciting time to join the team.
A TYPICAL DAY:
- Assist the Director, Marketing + Brand in managing and executing integrated marketing campaigns across offline and online tactics, to drive brand awareness, consideration and adoption
- Be in contact with GMs and Operators to ensure marketing efforts are effectively landing in store, capturing and sharing out best practices as needed
- Keep the marketing and social calendars up to date, making recommendations and adjustments as needed
- Monitor and post on various social channels
- Ensure creative marketing materials undergo regular review and adhere to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with key stakeholders internally (brand leaders, GM's, Franchisees) to ensure there is adequate planning, execution and monitoring of marketing activities
- Work in partnership with external agencies and vendors in the execution of campaigns and projects
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- both national and local
- Populate campaign process tools, including campaign briefs, critical paths, workbacks and so on
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, etc.) to help inform future marketing strategies
- Support in the management of the marketing budget, ensuring campaigns are always on target
- Keep up to date with consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Provide recommendations for future strategic initiatives through competitive analysis
- Stay up to date with market and online trends relevant to Denny's to ensure campaigns and promotions are relevant to our guests
- You are a self-starter; you thrive on identifying areas of opportunity and make informed recommendations in how to tackle these items
- You have a passion for hospitality and storytelling on various platforms
- You're able to see the bigger picture and prioritize tasks accordingly
- You're not afraid to ask for help when you need it!
- You're a person of integrity, honesty and trust. These attributes are important to you and they are at your core
- You have a working knowledge of current marketing tools and strategies in order to execute a successful marketing campaign
- You're data focused. You collect, analyze and leverage data with the aim of continuously improving upon business processes, increasing productivity and ensuring the programs you are delivering on achieve maximum impact
- You are a great communicator. You shine when you can pass on knowledge about your craft and gather requirements from stakeholders. You can articulate your thoughts clearly, with various audiences, including executives, peers and partners
- You have 4-6 years of relevant marketing experience
- You have a degree or diploma in a marketing related field
- You want to work in a positive and collaborative environment and are dedicated to both the growth and development of the business as well as yourself
- This role is full time, located in Vancouver
- Some travel required
Denny's has established itself as an innovative leader in exceeding guest expectations since 1953. With 60+ restaurants across Canada, there are plenty of opportunities to experience the best in family dining. Our dedication to excellence revolves around our customers, and it is only by ensuring that you enjoy the best possible dining experience each and every time you come into our restaurants that we can attain our stated goal of becoming the best family restaurant chain in the world.
Great guest service and great value are our foundation, but those aren't the only components that have helped our success. It's also because of our people: committed, caring and energetic individuals who make Denny's the great place it is.
Strong leadership is another cornerstone at Denny's, and our hands-on team of experienced and dynamic managers have the ability to touch every aspect of our business from recruiting to marketing. We promote an entrepreneurial spirit throughout the company from the newest server, to the most senior executive. Come join a company where you will have an opportunity to have fun, make money and be heard.
ABOUT NORTHLAND PROPERTIES
Recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction, Northland Properties Corporation is the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, The Dallas Stars, and Northland Asset Management Company.
Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated. We have head offices in both Calgary and Vancouver and employ over 10,000 talented individuals across the nation. Incorporated in 1963 by our founder, Bob Gaglardi, what began as a small business dedicated to good customer service has flourished into a diversified group of companies that are quickly expanding, growing, and innovating every day. As Canada's fastest growing hospitality group, we find our strength in our people and believe this is the foundation to our continued success.
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker. Applications will not be accepted via email or in person. We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Dencan Restaurants Inc., however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Dencan Restaurants Inc is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Dencan Restaurants Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Dencan Restaurants Inc. takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.