The Training and Communications Coordinator is to provide administrative and planning support to Plan Sponsor Learning & Development leaders and staff, including document and materials preparation, communication coordination, and learning session planning.
Provide administrative support
- Prepare documents and other learning materials as requested by Plan Sponsor
- Services Learning & Development leaders and staff.
- Maintain departmental records, such as attendance records, training reports, feedback surveys.
- Manage and control supplies and office equipment required.
- Act as systems security contact for computer related issues, i.e., SAR requests and computer hardware/software installs.
- Manage and support online content repositories such as SharePoint, Learning Management System (LMS)
- Develop efficient and effective communication strategy using document sharing technologies (ex: SharePoint).
- Apply Adult Learning theories and techniques.
- Ensure timely release of communications prepared by other Plan Sponsor Services Learning & Development leaders and staff.
- Ensure communications are appropriate for the target audience.
- Avoid audience ?communication overload' by scheduling and releasing communications effectively.
Plan learning sessions
- Book appropriate meeting spaces.
- Ensure all required resources are available (projectors, recorders, etc).
- Ensure all materials are prepared.
- Manage attendee list.
- Arrange for refreshments or meals as required.
- Provide administrative support to these roles as required
- Receive, review, and distribute communications prepared by these roles
- Collaborate to ensure training sessions are scheduled, the appropriate audience has been invited to attend, and the necessary materials have been produced or provided.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Business Administration, Communication, or Adult Education, or one year relevant experience
- Drives results and contributes to change processes that improve organizational performance
- Possesses a continuous improvement orientation
- Winning attitude; strong commitment to success; effective communicator amongst varied audiences and challenging circumstances
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and collaborate with various peers and leaders across business functions and departments
- Is able to manage the planning of learning sessions for various roles
- Works efficiently within restrictive timelines and can accurately account for timeline variances
- Demonstrated ability to develop, engage and motivate team to providing high-quality service (customer satisfaction, quality improvement, adherence to processes, etc.)
- Is familiar with current adult learning theories and practices.
- Learns and applies new techniques frequently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Advanced knowledge of online document sharing technologies (ex: SharePoint) is an asset
- Responds positively to organizational, departmental, and process change
- Ability to speak, read, and write French as well as English is an asset
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we've made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company
- Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity....Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you'd like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we're one of Canada's leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted