At Mercer, we're creating a culture where you can bring your authentic self to work. When you join us, you bring your inclusive energy and enthusiasm to a team that values you personally and professionally
- regardless of who you are, what you look like, where you were raised or born, who you love or what your religious beliefs are. You are welcome here.
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Toronto office:
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Covering the Greater Toronto Area, you will join a national sales team of 6 Sales Professionals across Canada
- Working closely within the Toronto growth team, you will be focused on mid-market prospects new to Mercer as well as introducing new services to existing clients
- By engaging with a variety of senior level individuals and decision makers, you will promote solutions that address a broad set of workforce requirements, including traditional benefits and wellness strategies, workforce compensation and rewards, HR transformation, and employee engagement solutions.
WE WILL COUNT ON YOU TO:
- Achieve sales goals by identifying business opportunities with prospective and current customers in the small and medium market segments.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an effective territory sales plan based on the local market opportunity.
- Actively build a pipeline through a variety of prospecting activities (cold calling, inbound lead management, and leveraging existing client relationships.
- Lead complex sales cycles from the identification stage to closing. Write and oversee effective proposals that articulate a compelling value proposition and demonstrate the unique value of the Mercer solutions.
- Leverage an understanding of all operating company solutions & works collaboratively with the broader Mercer team to identify new revenue opportunities.
- Be an active member in professional / organizations and attends relevant events to expand and maintain a large professional network, represent the company and gain exposure and insight as to various specialties.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
Mercer Canada offers competitive employee benefits and a thriving culture so that you can to bring your authentic self to work
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide connections to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential)
- Full benefits package
- starting day one: medical, dental, vision, retirement and savings program, disability benefits, insurance coverage, opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan, etc. (regional specificity required)
- Generous Parental Leave and education support policy
- Entitled to a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation, 2 personal days, and paid time off to give back to your community.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Minimum of five years sales experience in business-to business sales, preferably in the professional services industry
- Has a consultative sales approach, with experience selling products and services
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work under stress
- Driven and motivated
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT:
- A bachelor degree
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Mercer will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual's particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 230-0619 or via Isarta.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.