At MD Financial Management (MD), we believe health and wellness are life's most valuable assets. For more than 50 years, we've dedicated our business to Canada's physicians and their families, because we understand that financial well-being plays a lead role in building healthier lives.
Our commitment to work/life integration, employee well-being and ongoing learning are key factors that contribute to our overall success.
During COVID-19, MD employees are being supported by a variety of wellness initiatives, including new programs to deal specifically with challenges related to the pandemic.
Reporting to the Lead, Brand and Distribution Marketing the Distribution Marketing Manager (Term: 12 months) will be responsible for developing and executing the distribution marketing strategy and developing marketing collateral and programs that resonate with advisors and their clients.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You'll help develop and implement value added programs and marketing collateral designed to help advisors enhance client relationships
- You'll support the marketing planning processes including; discussions cross-functionally to determine opportunities, identification of potential strategic initiatives and actions, perform feasibility studies and assist with the implementation of resulting efforts
- You'll manage agency partners in the creation and updates of relevant marketing collateral
- You'll collaborate with internal teams to align marketing plans with enterprise goals and objectives
- You'll translate the strategic marketing plan into tactical plans inclusive of content, collateral, and different marketing tactics
- You'll communicate the tactical plans by educating and influencing across multiple levels
- You'll support efforts to better understand and improve the experience and resources for financial advisors and end investors
- You'll ensure marketing materials adhere to brand standards, as well as legal and regulatory requirements, seeking out approvals from appropriate departments
- You'll collaborate with the regional marketing teams to develop seminar and pre/post event materials
- You'll regularly engage with Advisory Team Coordinators on the execution of program tactics and follow up opportunities at a regional level
- You'll be a key member of the broader marketing team, helping MD reach new prospects, connect more deeply with existing clients, and increase brand awareness in the Canadian marketplace.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- You possess a university or college degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or business administration.
- 5+ years of marketing experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Financial services industry experience, particularly in investment, asset management, and experience in companies with a distributed sales force strongly preferred
WHAT YOU BRING:
- You have the ability to focus on details while understanding and connecting to the big picture
- You have the ability to examine analytics and results and derive actionable insights
- You possess business acumen and understanding of the financial services industry
- You have the ability to coordinate with other stakeholders and groups within the organization and build strong relationships
- You have the ability to gather relevant information and ?connect the dots? to develop compelling stories
- You have the ability to work in a flex environment with minimal supervision, in teams or individually
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, and celebrating success as a team
- You have the ability to write and present concisely and persuasively
- You have demonstrated project management competencies needed to manage tight project deadlines, competing priorities, and a high pace of change
- You are a highly motivated, creative individual that takes initiative with a strong attention to detail and a sense of humor
- You have a deep knowledge of the MS Office Suite especially
- Excel and PowerPoint