- Extendicare Corporate Office
The Communications Consultant will be responsible for a variety of communications activities including supporting our network leadership with internal and external communications including families, residents and staff. As a key member of the Communications Team, the successful candidate will interact regularly with subject matter experts, senior leadership and possibly residents, clients and their families. The Consultant will be responsible for some projects from start to finish hence a need for strong organizational and follow up skills. The role requires excellent verbal and written skills, creativity, flexibility
- and a desire to work in the senior's care sector.
- Generate written communication for a variety of Extendicare stakeholders targeted at both internal and external audiences
- Manage workflows related to the creation, approvals and publishing of all communications materials
- Coordinate and moderate virtual town halls for staff and family members
- Establish trusted relationships with front line and corporate leadership across the Extendicare leadership
- Support issues management activities, including attending internal meetings, drafting briefing notes and identifying potential communications related risks
- Assist with other communications projects such as internal campaigns, external campaigns, etc.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Tact. Diplomacy. Outstanding communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Results focused, strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Awareness of national media landscape an asset
- Awareness and experience in health care industry an asset
Note: this position requires flexible work schedule, including ability to work after hours and on weekends.
- 5+ years of experience in communications
- University Degree
- Exceptional communication skills
- both written and verbal
- Very organized, detail oriented and able to keep track of multiple projects
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and third parties.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.