Employment Type: Contingent Worker
Contract length : 12
- 18 months
Reporting to the Senior Manager-Legal, Corporate Affairs & Privacy Officer, NA, the CW
- Communications & Community Investment will work with the business to develop and implement the communications strategies that build CNOOC's reputation as a sound investment, an employer of choice, and a leader in responsible energy development.
The role is specifically accountable for managing all communications strategies and tools that build CNOOC's internal and external brand among key stakeholders including leaders, employees, local communities where CNOOC operates and the media.
This role is also responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing North America's Community Investment strategy.
This position will lead all internal and external communications efforts within CNOOC North America, including management of our corporate communications tools and channels. The position will also be responsible for leading our crisis communications efforts, as well as delivering various communications projects.
Internal Communications: Working closely with the CEO and the North American Leadership Team, the Manager, Communications & Community Investment is accountable for developing and carrying out all strategic internal communications that drive workforce engagement and are aligned with our corporate cultural beliefs and key performance indicators. All communications must support our mission of safe, responsible operations.
External Communications: Develop CNOOC North America's external communications strategy to include stewardship of our reputation and effective issues management. This role will serve as the key interface with Corporate Communications colleagues at our headquarters in Beijing to ensure a strong understanding of the issues facing the North American business to achieve efficient approvals of external strategy and messaging. Experience developing and implementing media relations and media monitoring strategies is an asset.
Communications Tools and Channel Management: This role will be responsible for the management and continuous improvement of all internal and external communications tools and channels. This includes, but is not limited to, our corporate intranet, digital displays, e-newsletters, mass email distributions, town halls, senior leadership conferences and summits, corporate LinkedIn pages and external website. Crisis Communications: Manage all crisis and emergency response incidents, ensuring effective crisis communications management. This includes providing accurate, timely and approved information is released to the media and general public in line with our crisis communications policy, and that tools are in place to quickly disseminate information during an unplanned event. This role will also lead the crisis communications response for business-wide crisis exercises that are regularly held.
Manage various communications projects: Working across functions, this role will ensure the Communications team provides strategic support to a variety of projects being delivered across the business. As well, this position will be responsible for delivering a variety of communications projects to add value to the business. This includes strategic planning, project management and hands-on support drafting all forms of content.
Community Investment: Develop and implement an annual community investment strategy for North America. Work collaboratively with the Anzac, Alberta office to maintain and enhance local relationships with stakeholders to ensure mutual benefits from resource development are shared. Work with third party agencies in Calgary to build CNOOCs brand as a proud energy developer and community partner.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are interested in hearing from candidates with the following:
- 8-10 years of direct related experience;
- Degree in Communications, Business Administration or other similar disciplines;
- The candidate must be a superior writer and have a true passion for writing and communicating in a clear, compelling and impactful manner;
- A strategic thinker, with the capacity to develop and follow-through on long-range plans while managing emerging issues;
- The ability to effectively manage the external reputation of the business and monitor the changing external environment to develop external communications strategies as necessary
- A demonstrated ability to interact successfully with senior executives;
- Energy industry knowledge preferred;
- Excellent team leadership skills and a demonstrated capacity to create a positive and collaborative work environment;
- Politically savvy and aware; sound judgment;
- Self-motivated and able to take initiative;
- Technical knowledge and understanding of internet-based tools.
All positions require background checks which could include:
- Criminal police record check
- Education verification
- Credential verification
Click the ?Apply for Job? button to start the application process.